That Didn't Go Well

Hunter’s POV:

I woke up to the sun streaming in my eyes. I smiled and looked down at Eleanor, she looked so peaceful compared to last night. She was so worried about telling her parents about her moving to Nashville with me, she said her dad would probably take it well but her mom was another issue. I decided to let her sleep because I was finally able to get her to sleep around 3 am and it was only 7 am. I slowly got up from the bed and out of her grip, she stirred but didn’t wake up completely. I kissed her nose and headed to the kitchen to look for some coffee, because boy I need some. I was greeted in the kitchen by Julie, Eleanor’s mother. “Hello Mrs. Lauzon” I said while getting a cup to make some coffee. “Actually it’s Ms. Provost. but you can call me Julie.” She said awkwardly. “Oh I’m sorry” I said while sitting down at the table. “So how is Eleanor doing?” she asked with concern in her voice. “She’s good for the most part, it took a little while for me to get her to sleep, but she finally is thank god.” “That’s good, this if going to be very hard for her. She started having some health issues back about a year ago and she started getting depressed but her doctor didn’t think it was enough to put her on medication.” I kept listening intently than said “I didn’t know that she was once depressed, she never told me about that.” I started getting worried and wondered why she kept that from me. I listened intently while Julie kept talking. “The most important thing is, is that she is going to need you to be there for her. She is probably going to go back to her depressed state, and when she does she basically shuts down and pushes everyone away. She is really going to need you, she seems to trust you more then she does us.” “I promise I will be there for her, I’m not going anywhere” I told her. She smiled at my answer and thanked me. I got up to head back to Eleanor’s room, she should be getting up soon seeing as it was 9:30 already. 

Eleanor’s POV: 

It is way to early to be up considering how late I was up last night, but I need to get up to talk to my parents. Just as I started to stretch Hunter quietly walked in and shut the door. I hadn’t noticed that I was up yet she I just sat there watching him, he had 2 cups of coffee. One for him and one for me, at least I was hoping it was for me. He set the cup down then looked at me and jumped a little. “Jeezum Eleanor, you scared me” He said while holding his heart. I started giggling and said “Sorry babe” “It’s okay sweetheart, I brought you some coffee.” God bless you sir! Have I ever told you how much I love you?” I asked while he picked up his to take a drink. “Not yet today” He smirked. “Well, I love you so much Hunter” I said while pecking him on the lips. 

Hunter's POV:

We sat in Eleanor's room and finished our coffee and honestly I was starting to get nervous. I didn't know hoe her parents were going to react about me wanting to take their little girl away from them, it wasn't going to be forever though. I just don't want her in this house anymore with all their fighting and now her grandfather, I just want to keep her safe and take care of her. We both decided that we were ready. We walked to the door hand in hand, waiting before we opened it and took a deep breath. "Are you ready?" I asked her. "As ready as I'll ever be I guess" she said. 

Eleanor's POV:

"Mom, dad" I said getting their attention. Hunter and I have something we want to talk to you about. They both turned their attention to us while we sat down on the couch. I started shaking a little and Hunter could tell that I was nervous so he spoke up. "Louis, Julie, I asked Eleanor to move with me to Nashville." That was it, it's been said. I squeezed Hunter's hand waiting for the aftermath. Surprisingly there was no yelling, from my dad at least. "If this is what you want to do then I support you." He said calmly while smiling. "Thank you dad, that means a lot to me" I said while getting up to hug him. I turned to my mom and she looked furious. "Now!, You choose now to leave the family!!" She yelled. I was honestly scared of her right now, she has never yelled at me this loud at me before. I took a few steps and sat back on the couch next to Hunter who wrapped an arm around me, while I started tearing up. “Grandpa said to just go on with our lives like normal not letting his health get in the way. Life has to keep moving, and right now this is my life. Hunter is my life!” I choked back “You think he wanted this, to move away from him when he needs you most? How could you be so selfish Eleanor!” She yelled right back at me. “I understand this is coming at a bad time, but I think it’s whats best right now.” Hunter said calmly to my outraged mother. “Oh shut up, you are the one trying to take me daughter away from her family. This is your fault!!” She barked at him. “Julie that’s enough” My dad finally spoke up. “No, I have a right to act this way when this boy is telling our daughter that it is better for her to be away from her family when her grandfather was just told he has cancer!” She yelled while starting to cry herself. After a few minutes of silence I finally spoke up, “I didn’t mean for this to happen but I’ve made my decision. I’m moving with Hunter and that’s final.” Hunter and I got up and went to my room to start packing.