Meet The Parents

Hunter’s POV:

I rang the door bell excited to see my beautiful girlfriend, but was surprised to see someone who was not her answer the door. It was a man in is late 40’s with black and gray hair, it kinda looked like salt and pepper. “Come in” the man said to me. I hesitantly walked in to see a woman also in her late 40’s looking down the stairs smiling at me. The man closed the door, shook my hand and invited me upstairs. I walked up to find Eleanor sitting on the couch in embarrassment. I slowly walked over to her and sat next to her on the couch, I grabbed her hand and she looked up at me and gave me a smile saying she was sorry. I nodded showing her that I understood everything and that it was okay, and not her fault. Her mom sat on the ottoman while her dad sat on the chair watching me closely because I was holding Eleanor’s hand. “So, Hunter is it?” He started. Yes sir, that’s right. He looked very intimidating, and I was honestly kind of scared. Eleanor could feel my nervous energy, so she started rubbing her thumb in little circles on the back of my hand and it surprisingly calmed me down quickly. Her father started asking the usual questions and being the protective father, and I could tell that Eleanor just wanted to get out of there and stop the interrogation. He finally said one final thing because he could tell that she was getting annoyed. “Don’t you hurt my daughter.” He said it with such authority, and with that I knew he was serious. Sir, I started. I would never even dream about hurting her, I know we have only known each other for a few days but she is the best thing that has ever happened to me. She is the best thing that has ever come into my life. I think he was satisfied with that answer because he stood up with a smile on his face with his hand extended. I stood up and returned the handshake with a smile on my face because I knew he finally trusted me with his daughter. 

Eleanor’s POV:

When I heard Hunter say that, I wanted to cry, he is seriously the sweetest guy ever. After our goodbyes with my parents I walked hand in hand out to the bus while Hunter carried my bags in his other hand. We walked on to the bus and all the guys welcomed me with big hugs, which was nice because it actually made me feel like someone cared.  Hunter took me to the bunk area and showed me where I would be sleeping. We went back out to the living room and played on the Wii and watched movies. Before we know it it was 10:30, we weren’t getting to Nashville until tomorrow because of all the extra stops that were made along the way. The band went to the bunk area, they fell asleep first before Hunter and I walked back. “My bunk is right above your if you need anything, anything at all don’t be afraid to ask me okay sweetheart” He said while caressing my cheek because he knows that this is the farthest and longest I will be away from my parents. “I promise Hunter” I said while smiling. He placed his hand on my cheek and kissed me sweetly. “Goodnight beautiful” He said to me causing me to blush and I took a sudden interest in my slippers that I was wearing. He put hut pointer finger under my chin and brought my head back up to where I was looking at him. “You look even more beautiful when you blush, don’t hide from me” That only caused me to blush more, I tried to look away but he grabbed my face and kissed me. We pulled away and placed our foreheads together. “Goodnight Eleanor, I love you.” “Goodnight Hunter, I love you too.” I replied. He kissed my nose, smiled and then climbed into his bunk.