Sweetheart Please Talk to Me

Eleanor's POV

Today was Hunter's birthday, I called his parents and some of his other family to fly in for a surprise party for him. I had the guys take Hunter out to keep him occupied while I was at home setting things up. Natalie was in the living room playing with Ty. It's so cute, he is so protective of her. While I am in the kitchen setting up food trays and listening to Natalie giggle because Ty is licking her hands and feet I hear the door bell. I walk over and open it to fine Hunter's mom, grandma and a few aunts. They came over to help set things up, and I didn't object, I could use all the help I could get. Once they came in they all flocked to Natalie, I had to pry Ty away from her. Once they loved her up enough I put her down for a nap and we got started on the food. I've been in constant contact with Sam making sure they keep him out long enough and to make sure he doesn't suspect anything. Once everything was ready the rest of Hunter's family to come over. I called Sam, he picked up and I said "We are all ready for you to bring him back." He said "Good cause he is starting to get suspicious, I don't know how much longer we can hold it." We all got into our hiding places once we heard them pull up. I could hear Hunter through the door "Why did you blindfold me?" and "What is going on" I had to chuckle at how impatient he was, he hates surprises so that made this surprise even better. They opened the door and un-blindfolded him. 

Hunters POV

Andy led me up to the door, they opened it and then took off the blindfold. The lights were off, this could only mean one thing. "SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled jumping out from various spots in the living room. I looked around and saw the faces of so many of my family members from back home I hadn't seen in a long time. Then I looked around for the brown eyed brown haired girl and spotted her with a guilty grin on her face. I walked ver to her once I saw her, I engulfed her in a hug and swayed back and forth a little bit while whispering in her ear "Did you do this?" I asked. She pulled back slightly "Maybe." She replied shyly. I pulled her back into a hug and whispered 'Thank You ." In her ear, then gave her a kiss and went to greet everyone. We were all having such a great time, seeing my family again was awesome, I missed them so much. Eleanor's family couldn't come because they had planned a trip the next day with her brother for a late birthday present. It was about halfway through the party before I heard the phone ringing, "Who could that be, I thought everyone was here?" Eleanor said chuckling and going to pick up the phone. She walked into the kitchen after she answered it, I got a little worried when she hand't come out yet. she had been in there for about 20 minutes, I was just about to get up and go check on her before I saw her walk out about ready to break down into sobs. I stood up and everyone noticed me and Eleanor and stopped talking and looking between the two of us. "What's wrong sweetheart." I asked her. "My mom died in a car crash." She stuttered out. 

Eleanor's POV

Everyone just looked at me with sympathy. Hunter just walked over to me and wrapped me in a bear hug. He took me up to our room and sat me down on the bed, he kneeled in front of my and grabbed my hands. "Sweetie are you okay?" He asked me. I just sat there, I didn't know what to feel, I felt anger, sadness, and pain. I was so overwhelmed with feelings, I never thought this would happen.  "Sweetheart please talk to me" I heard Hunter say, I could hear the worry in his voice. "I need to go back to Vermont. I said. "Okay, do you want me to come with you he said rubbing my knuckles with his thumbs. "Please, I can't do this without you." I said and that's when I started to cry. He sat down on the bed next to me and pulled me into him and started rubbing my back trying to calm me down while I cried into his chest. "Shh, it's going to be okay sweetie." He said while rocking me back and forth tying to calk me down. We sat on our room for about an hour not saying anything. 

Hunters POV

The only thing I am sure of right now is that I need to be there for my wife, she needs me more then ever. Once she had calmed down enough I started to slowly get up, "No don't leave me." She practically yelled and started crying again. "Hey I'm not going to leave you, I'm only going to talk to my parents to see if they can take Natalie while we go to Vermont." I reassured her.  "Do you promise me you will come back?" She asked me wiping tears from her eyes. "Yes I Promise love, I'll always come back to you." I said then kissed her forehead. I walked downstairs to see that all the guests but my family and the bad had left. My mom walked over to me, "How's she doing?" "Not good, she is taking it really hard?" I told her. "Poor thing." She said "Hey mom I have a question, Can you take care of Natalie while we go take care of things over there?" I asked her. "Of core Hunter, you don't need to ask I'd be happy to do it. Anything for you two." She said hugging me. After talking with everyone for a bit I went back upstairs to check on Eleanor. I got to our room and found her curled up in a ball asleep, poor thing must have cried herself to sleep. I went and booked a flight for the next day then crawled into bed with her. Once I laid down I heard her whisper "Hunter." I'm right here baby." I responded rubbing her back. She turned over and curled up next to me. I wrapped my arms around her and pulled her closer. "Get some sleep sweetheart, we've got a few long days ahead of us." I whispered into her ear, kissing her neck. "Will you sing to me?" She croaked, she was already losing her voice from crying so much. "Of course baby." I said and started to sing Wanted to her until she fell asleep. "Goodnight sweetheart, I love you forever and always." I said before I fell asleep rubbing soothing circles on her back. 

Love Y’all!! 

Instagram, Tumblr, Twitter & YouTube: @hunterhayesvt