I Promise

Hunter’s POV:

We were doing our last show of the summer in Pennsylvania, and that would mean Eleanor would have to go back home to Vermont. Unless, I have been thinking of having her move in with me. I know we have only been dating for almost a month, but in that short amount of time we have gotten to know each other so well that you would think we’ve been friends since we were kids. I remember Eleanor telling me a week ago that if we had time since we were going to be in Pennsylvania we should go to Hershey Park. She was telling me about how she went there for a few days for a couple years as a kid and had an amazing time. I was all for it, and so was the band because they loved amusement parks and they could never pass up an opportunity to act like kids. “Ready love?” She said breaking me out of my thoughts. “When am I ever not ready” I smirked getting up and grabbing my guitar. 

Eleanor’s POV: 

I watched him living his dream from back stage, jumping around and living it up. That boy can not stay in one place, he really needs to lay off the caffeine. Maybe I should gradually wean him off of it. Yah like that’ll ever happen, nice try Eleanor. Every so often he would love over at me and wink, I if course would smile and blush. I danced and sung along to all of his songs, I could never get tired of hearing his voice. When it came to the last song he announced that he wanted to bring someone special on stage. I was stunned to hear that it was me. “Come out here sweetheart” He said into the microphone while waving me out there with him. We had originally decided to keep our relationship out of the public because he wanted that part of  his and my life to be kept private. I walked out there cautiously while he was grinning at me. When I finally got over to him he put his arm around my shoulder while whispering in my hear asking if this was okay. I knew he what he meant was is it okay if he told everyone about us. I nodded my head and told him “If you feel it’s right.”  

Hunter’s POV:

I had Eleanor close by my side, usually when I do I feel amazing. But not right now, right now I feel all jittery, Eleanor would probably say it’s from all the coffee I drink but little does she know about the surprise I have hidden in my piano. “So everybody this beautiful girl standing next to me is my girlfriend Eleanor.” I instantly started hearing the crowd aww and saw a few camera flashes. The reason I have her up on stage with me is because I have a surprise for her, well technically two but who’s counting. I brought Eleanor over to the piano and sat her down next to me like the first night I sang it to her at the concert in Vermont. I know this has become her favorite song of mine because of all of the memories, and she started tearing up. I knew they were tears of joy though, and by the time I was done I had teats welling up in my eyes though. I got up and pulled her to the center of the stage and held her hand, with the microphone in my other hand. “Eleanor, sweetheart, I know we haven’t known each other for long, or have even been dating for very long. But I am sure of one thing, and that it that I love you and would do anything for you. You are the best thing that has ever happened to me.” I pulled the ring box out from my back pocket that I was able to discreetly take with me after I sung Wanted. I opened the box and her hands flew up over her mouth. “Now this isn’t an engagement ring, but a promise ring. It is my promise to be the best boyfriend I can be,  that I will always be there for you no matter how busy I am, I’ll always be there to make you feel better when you are having a bad day, to always pick up the pieces when you fall apart and most importantly love you unconditionally. I also promise you that this will be an engagement ring one day.  So Eleanor Marie Lauzon, will you please wear this ring and make me the happiest guy on earth? 

Eleanor’s POV:

Woah, I was not expecting this, this is a lot to handle. I could not stop the tears from coming out of my eyes, and I could not keep up wiping them away so I eventually just gave up. I mentally weighed the pro’s and cons of this situation. but I ended up finding out the pros outweighed the cons. “Yes Hunter, I will wear this promise ring.” He jumped up with tears in his eyes. He slid the ring on my finer, and gave me the most passionate kiss ever. I could feel that he put all of his love behind it. He put me down and we just looked into each others eyes. Maybe everything in my life was finally starting to fall into place. Maybe, just maybe...