Chapter 80

i hope you guys like my story so far... it's come such a long way!!! Unfortunately, all good things have to come to an end soon, so there's gonna be probably around 10-ish more chapters and then it'll be done :( but there will (hopefully) be a sequel!!!! :D so yeah, ENJOY!!! i've been like getting so sad while writing this, so tell me what you think in the comments.... so yeah comment, vote, and fan!!! thanks so muchhh!!!! <3333 LOVE YOU <3

I walked into Maya’s room again the next day, but my regular seat was occupied. Alyssa jumped up and hugged me, crying.

            “Alyssa?” I asked wrapping my arms around her in a friendly way since I didn’t really know her too well.

            “Harry, I’m… I’m so sorry!” she said crying.

            “Why?” I asked. I actually hadn’t seen Alyssa in a while…

            “Because, I… I couldn’t make it to yours and Maya’s wedding and now, I’m here and Maya’s not awake and I just don’t know how many times I can apologize…”

            “Alyssa, its fine, okay? You’re here now…”

            “I know… but…”

            “Okay? Don’t worry about it…”

            She wiped her tears away with the sleeve of her shirt and stepped back, nodding.

            “How long have you been here for?” I asked sitting down in my seat.

            “Around fifteen minutes, I heard from Maya’s parents that she was in the hospital and I came before I had to go to work.”

            I nodded, looking at my wife lying down in her bed. She hadn’t moved at all.

            “How long has she been like this?” Alyssa asked in a whisper.

            “About a week… the doctors said she went into a coma of some sort, I forget the name, and that she would wake up probably around another week or two.”

            Alyssa nodded, biting her lip, “I hate seeing her like this.”

            “Me too…” I whispered and she looked up at me.

            “I… I should get going, I don’t want my boss yelling at me,” she said and she nodded goodbye to me and walked out of her hospital room. I was left alone again.

            Doctor Cartwright walked in and saw me, “Hello Harry,” he said with a smile.

            “Hello doctor,” I replied smiling back at him. He went to check on the machines and on Maya’s breathing.

            “Everything seems to be alright,” he said out loud, not necessarily directed at me, but more to himself.

            I nodded and looked at Maya and pulled some hair behind her ear.

            “How have you been Harry?” Doctor Cartwright asked me.

            “I’m getting better…” I replied.

            “So is your wife,” he said, making me smile, “However, we don’t know when she’ll wake up. We can’t really determine exactly when she will, but it’ll probably be this week.”

            “I can’t wait…” I whispered holding her hand again.

            Doctor Cartwright stood at the end of Maya’s bed and shifted his weight to his other leg.