Chapter 22

An hour later, Harry and I were lying down together on his bed with all our candy in the middle of us. There were wrappers everywhere. We had the TV on but we weren’t really listening to it.

            “You eat the two Twix bars at the same time?” I said smiling.

            “Yes, otherwise one gets lonely…”

            I laughed, “This is why I love you…” I said and I ate some more of my Junior Mints.

            “Aww Maya! I love you too!” Harry said grinning.

            I smiled and looked at the candy we had left. There wasn’t much. I realized somehow Harry and I were getting closer to each other in his bed. Okay… I took out a piece of chocolate from one of the small boxes and popped it in Harry’s mouth. He didn’t expect it at first, but he ate it.

            “Mmm…” he smiled at me. He took one and put it in my mouth. I giggled and ate it also. Okay, this had to be one of those teenage vampire-werewolf types of movies where something cute and romantic happens and then boom! Someone gets a knife in their back. But I was with Harry and I highly doubted an axe murderer would jump out of his closet at any given moment. I smiled at my thoughts and Harry leaned in to kiss me. Somehow we managed to get right next to each other. Close enough to kiss apparently. I gave in and let him set his lips on top of mine.

            I pulled away after a minute, “You lips taste like chocolate…” I smiled.

            “Mmm…” he hummed and he leaned in again.

            I heard the crackling of the wrappers underneath us as Harry pulled me closer to him and he deepened the kiss. He was much better at this than I was. Much better. My hand moved to his neck and he kissed me longer. He pulled me on top of him. I pulled away to get some air. I gasped and he laughed at me.

            “Sorry…” he said.

            “Get carried away a little bit?” I teased lying down on his chest.

            “Hey, you’re as much to blame as me,” he said playing with my hair.

            “What?” I smiled at him, “Am not… you’re the one who can kiss for twenty minutes without taking a second breath.”

            He smiled taking pride in his skill, “It works sometimes with the ladies. At least the ones who can handle it,” he teased.

            “Oh you think I can’t handle it?” I teased back.

            “Not if you have to gasp for air,” he said laughing a little bit.

            “Okay… maybe you’re right…” I said putting my head back on his chest.

            “I know…” he whispered, “That’s okay, not everyone can be as good a kisser as me.”

            I lifted my head up and looked at him. He smiled at me.

            “I’m challenging you,” I said.                  

            “Oh really,” he replied grinning.

            “Yes, the loser has to buy dinner.”

            “Well I’ll end up buying dinner anyway, so let’s start this,” Harry said.

            I moved back onto the bed next to him, “No moving from this position, okay?” I pushed the wrappers off the bed so Harry and I could have the entire bed. I got butterflies in my stomach.

            “Okay missy, but prepare to be beaten big time.”

            “And, our clothes stay on, got it?”

            He laughed and nodded.

            I smiled knowing I wasn’t going to win. Awesome, I got to have a full on make out session with Harry. We never really kissed for more than a couple minutes. I mean we would kiss each other pretty much every day, but we never got really into it, so to say. I mean, we were both in our mid-twenties so it didn’t matter as much as it did when we were still teenagers.

            “Ready?” Harry smiled. I nodded and he leaned in for the kiss. It was simple at first but my heartbeat was racing at a million miles per hour already. I ran my hand through his hair and he kissed me a little harder, then a little more and a little more. The butterflies in my stomach were going crazy. Harry pulled me closer to him. We definitely weren’t staying in this position; I knew it for a fact.

            I was surprised after a while that I hadn’t pulled away to take a breath. We had shifted positions so that I was lying straight down on my back and he was above me. He kissed me lightly a couple times. I took the collar of his shirt in my hands and brought him closer to me. He was amazing. Really, truly, amazing.

            After a couple more minutes, Harry pulled away and smiled at me.

            “I think I won,” he said.

            “I do too…” I replied looking up at him. I sat up. He moved back to the head of the bed and took me into his lap.