Chapter 7 *

The rest of the week went on as normal. Harry and I both had work, so we didn’t really get to see each other that much. Sometimes Harry would come to say goodnight before he went to bed. He would be in his pajamas which were normally a pair of sweatpants and a white t-shirt. I had heard from Alyssa that he actually didn’t wear any clothes to bed. I thought it was pretty funny, but I thought it was cute how he would come say goodnight whenever he could.

            Saturday came by too slowly and I finally had the day off. I was going to meet the band today. I don’t know where exactly we were going to see them, because Harry said it was a surprise.

            We sat in the bus that was driving down New York City. I looked out the window and then down at my lap. Harry kept his right arm around my shoulders and I held his hand.  

            “How much longer?” I asked softly, looking up at him.

            “Like five minutes, I promise you. We have a huge house that we bought. It’s huge. I think you’ll really like it.

            “Okay…”

            He put his arm around me. I was really nervous for some reason. I was really going to meet all of One Direction. All of them. And I was going to be talking with them. What if they didn’t like me? I didn’t think I was necessarily interesting, so it’s not like I would have a lot to tell them about myself.

            The bus dropped us off at the bus stop and we stepped off as others stepped on. Harry took my hand and we walked down the sidewalk.

            “So…” I started, my voice trailing off.

            “Its right up there,” Harry told me, smiling.

            “That one?!” I said pointing to a huge mansion at the end of a tiny street.

            “Yup…”

            “Geez… I feel underdressed…” I looked down at my skinny jeans and light yellow t-shirt.

            “You’re not, trust me,” Harry said looking at my outfit for the umpteenth time today. “You look perfect.”

            “Okay,” I mumbled, looking at the ground as I continued walking. Harry swung our hands together and we walked down the street. We finally got to the gate leading to the huge house. Harry punched in a code on the control panel next to the gate and the doors opened.

            “Harry’s home!” I heard from the inside of the house. Oh god. I looked up at him.

            “And that was Louis…” Harry inquired.

            I nodded and I could tell he saw how nervous I was.

            “Don’t be nervous, they’re going to love you,” he told me reassuringly. “Who doesn’t?”

            “Okay…” I whispered. The front door burst open and Louis stepped outside, smiling widely. Harry and I walked up to the front door.

            “Is this Maya?” Louis asked, stepping back to look at me fully. “I’m Louis. The leader of One Direction.”

            I nodded and tried to smile. “It’s nice to meet you,” I said almost shyly. Harry looked at me and squeezed my hand. He took me into the house where we were greeted by the rest of the band. I stood there and Harry put his arm around my shoulder. We must’ve looked like a couple. I wondered what Harry had told the guys about me.