Chapter 23

hey! here's the next chapter :) it's kinda short so sorry about that but it's pretty deep and stuff... lol so yeah, i hope you like it! i will post more hopefully a little later on. ENJOY!! <3 love you all! thanks so much for reading, and tell me what you think in the comments ;) BYEEEE!!!!! :D

Harry bought us dinner that night even though I lost the challenge.

            “Thanks for dinner,” I said as we walked out of the restaurant. We were holding hands and our arms were pressed up against each other’s.

            Harry spun me around and pulled me into him, “Any time,” he smiled at me. We were in the middle of a bunch of people who were not paying any attention to us.

            “Look at you being all romantic,” I teased smiling up at him.

            “You know I was about to kiss you, but you’ll have to wait now,” Harry grinned at me and took my hand in his. We walked back to our apartment building and walked through the front doors. We made our way to the elevators and up to the eighth floor.

            “I’ll be right over,” I said digging through my bag to find my keys. I pulled them out and unlocked my door, “I just want to change into something more comfortable.”

            Harry smiled at me, “I’ll be waiting…”

            I nodded and walked into my unusually cold apartment. I bit my bottom lip and went into my room to change into my pajama pants and a t-shirt. I brushed my teeth and hair and when I was done I turned all the lights off in my apartment. I walked out into the hallway and into Harry’s next door.

            “Knock knock,” I said when I walked into his bedroom.

            “Hey,” Harry said and I crawled into his bed with him.

            “It’s cold…” I whispered and he put his arms around me. I looked up at him. Our faces were inches apart. I could feel his soft breath on my lips. He leaned down and kissed me. It was nothing big, just a simple kiss. That’s all it was.

            We pulled away and I ran my hand through his hair. He was so perfect. I didn’t deserve someone as good as him. I was just a regular girl. He was an international pop star. My life wasn’t supposed to be this great.

            “Are you okay?” he whispered. I must have been staring or something. I blinked and he looked me in the eyes.

            “Yes why?”

            “You look sad,” he kissed my forehead.

            “I’m perfect,” I whispered.

            “Yes, yes you are,” Harry whispered back.

            I closed my eyes. Okay. I wasn’t perfect. I would never be perfect. No matter how hard I tried I would never be as perfect as Harry Styles. That’s because I was Maya. Only Maya. I would never be anything more. It’s not like I could wake up tomorrow morning and become famous and be all over the news. That just would never happen. My life just didn’t work out that way. Even if I started dating Harry (which I think I kinda was…) it’s not like people would actually care about me. No, because I was just Maya. Just Maya… just Maya…

            “Maya…” Harry said. His thumb stroked my cheek, “What’s wrong?”

            “Huh?”

            “Why are you crying?” he asked looking at me. I must’ve started crying. Damn it Maya. Come on, how old are you? Crying over this?

            My breathing was still uneven, “I’m fine…” I whispered.

            “No you’re not, tell me,” Harry said soothingly.

            I felt another tear fall down my face and I tried blinking them away before they came. It didn’t help though.

            “I’m sorry,” I said wiping my eyes. I sniffled and Harry kissed both of my cheeks.

            “What’s wrong?” he whispered again.

            “I… my life shouldn’t be this good.”

            He looked at me, “What are you talking about?”

            I rolled off of his bed and started pacing. I always did this when I was upset about something. He watched me.

            “My life shouldn’t be this good. I mean I’m Maya Hartman. This shouldn’t be happening to me… it’s not like I’m famous or anything. I’m not and I never will be. I’ll never be as perfect as you or Louis or Niall or anyone else because I’m just not. I never will be perfect. I’m just normal. I’m just Maya. Maya Hartman, the girl who just happened to meet Harry Styles.”

            Harry rolled out of his bed too, “Maya, you can’t be saying this…”

            “I’m only saying it because it’s true Harry. I shouldn’t be this happy. I just, I just don’t deserve someone as good as you. It’s just… I don’t know. And now I’m crying over it. I’m not perfect Harry and I don’t know why you… I mean I try my hardest to look nice and stuff but it’s just like everyone else is always better no matter how hard I try. I’m being honest Harry, I don’t think I’m perfect and I never will be.”

            Harry stepped up to me and looked at me with sad eyes. His hand moved past my cheek and behind my left ear, “Maya…” he whispered and I looked up at him.

            I shook my head, “You see, right here… my life was never supposed to be like this, I-“

            Harry kissed me, “Maya stop. Don’t be like this. I never thought my life would end up like this either. And guess what? I knew it was a good idea that I moved into this apartment because David downstairs said that there was a really sweet girl who lived next door to me. When I saw you that one morning Maya, I knew that we would turn into something more than just friends. And I’ll be honest, I never thought I would fall this hard for you. I don’t just like you Maya. When I tell you I love you, I mean it. I promise you.”

            I looked into his eyes that looked straight back into mine, “Really?” I whispered.

            “Yes, really. I love you Maya and nothing will ever change that.”

            Harry Styles actually loves me. He loves me. I put my arms around his neck and hugged him.

            “I… I don’t know what to say…” I whispered my voice still unsteady.

            “I know, its okay,” he whispered back. I pulled away from the hug but kept my arms around his neck. I smiled weakly.

            “Come on,” he said smiling. We got back into bed and under the covers. He held me in his arms and we fell asleep together.