Chapter 4

hope you guys like it! :)

He nodded and we walked back to my apartment. I slipped into my flip flops and grabbed my bag. Harry waited at my door. I came out of my room and he smiled at me.

            “Come,” he said grinning.

            His hand slipped itself into mine. It was much, much larger than mine, but my fingers seemed to fit perfectly between his. Like our hands were supposed to be together. Stop Maya! Why was I thinking of all this, this morning? I locked my door behind us and we made our way to the elevator.

            “No holding hands in the lobby,” I told him.

            “Why?”                                                     

            “Because there might be paparazzi there…”

            “Oh…”

            “Yeah…”

            “Okay.”

            “Yup.”

            The elevator doors opened and Harry let go of my hand. I waved to David at the front desk and we walked outside. We walked down the street trying to find a restaurant.

            “How about that one?” Harry said.

            “If you want to pay over a hundred dollars, okay,” I said.

            “Oh…”

            “I mean there’re better places I think… I don’t know, I’m not really in the mood for a big lunch… Oh! I got it, there’s a place down here, come on!” I grabbed his hand and he smiled at me.

            “What happened to no holding hands?” he said as I dragged him down the sidewalk.

            “Um…” I slowed down, “Yeah… I don’t know…”

            He smiled, “Okay Maya.”

            We continued walking down the street until I found the doorway. It looked like it would lead up to a bunch of apartments, but it didn’t.

            “Is it up there?” Harry asked.

            “Yup,” I smiled at him.

            “Let’s go then,” he said opening the door. We walked up the narrow staircase and through the doorway at the top.

            “Hey,” I said to the waitress at the top.

            “Table for two?” she asked and I nodded. She led us through the doorway behind her and into the actual café. It was simple, nothing huge and overwhelming. I liked to come here with Alyssa and my other friends from work. It was a nice place really. The waitress found a table for us and we sat down. I thanked her and she walked away. I looked at Harry. The guy who I’d just kissed. Multiple times. I must be going crazy.

            “Hey,” he smiled at me. We really didn’t have much to talk about; we had talked about everything already. At least everything we needed to know about each other.

            “What’s up?” I asked.

            “Getting lunch with a beautiful girl, no big deal,” he smiled at me and I looked at the table.