Chapter 16

sorry it's a bit of a shorter one... i must write more!!! tell me if you like it :) thanks so much! Love you all!!!! <33

Once I was finished with my dinner, Harry paid for the bill (which I really didn’t like him doing but I knew that I had no choice in the matter) and we left the restaurant. I put my jacket on and we stepped into the cold November air.

            I got hit with a gust of wind and Harry linked his arm with mine. We started walking back in the general direction of our apartment building. We didn’t talk much because the wind was really loud. I tied my scarf tighter around my neck and Harry pulled me closer to him. This was the coldest it’d been in a while.

            “It’s so c-cold out Harry,” I stuttered.

            “I know, we’re almost home though, three more blocks…”

            I nodded and we continued walking. We didn’t find our apartment building. I wasn’t recognizing any buildings around us.

            “Harry? Where are we?” I asked.

            He stopped walking and looked around, “I honestly have no idea, I thought we were going in the right direction.”

            I cursed in my head. It was probably almost twelve ‘o clock and we were lost in New York City. Awesome. I looked at the street name.

            “Harry we went too far, it should be over that way,” I pointed behind us.

            “Are you sure?”

            “I’ve lived here longer than you have…”

            “Fine,” he said.

            We walked back and ended up back where we started, at the restaurant. I shook my head and looked around. This was ridiculous.

            “How are we lost?” he said to himself.

            There was no one on this street at the moment. It was getting dark and the wind was getting colder. I should have brought gloves. I shoved my hands into my coat pockets and Harry linked his left arm in my right. We walked to our left for a couple of blocks.

            “Wait, we’ve been here before,” I said noticing a statue in front of an office building.

            I led Harry straight and in no time, we saw our apartment building ahead of us. We walked faster because I couldn’t feel any part of my face or my hands which were still stuffed into my too small pockets.

            We walked through the doors and went straight to the elevator. David wasn’t at his desk.

            We travelled the eight flights of stairs and finally got back into our apartments. I took my shoes, coat, and scarf off at the door and Harry followed me inside.

            “You don’t want to go back to your apartment?”

            “Are you warm enough in here?”

            “I can turn on the heat a little bit… and I’ll take a hot shower too so I can defrost myself. I still can’t feel my hands.”

            Harry immediately took my hands in his and rubbed them together in his which were equally as cold.

            “Thanks…” I whispered looking at our hands.

            “Mmm…” he hummed.

            “So um… yeah I should take a shower now…”

            “Did you want to um… spend the night with me tonight? I mean it is really cold out…”

            I smiled, “Just so long as you promise to wear clothes…”

            “I will, now go take your shower and I’ll see you in a little bit,” he gave me a quick kiss and spun around and walked out of my apartment. How was he so attractive? I seriously could not say no to him.

            I picked out a pair of pajamas to wear and turned on the shower. I let it get really hot before I stepped in and let the water bring the feeling back to my body. It wasn't nearly as cold as it was up in Vermont when I went to college, but it was still cold. Cold for November at least. I took the time to shave and to wash my face and comb out my hair. I pulled on my sweatpants and long-sleeve track t-shirt that still fit me from high school. I brushed my teeth, grabbed my pillows, and walked out of my apartment.

            Harry was still in the shower when I walked in so I thought I would just casually wait for him in his bed. I positioned my pillows and laid down on my side. After a couple minutes I heard the bathroom door open and Harry walked out in his sweatpants and t-shirt. He jumped when he saw me in his bed. I giggled and he turned the lights off and climbed in next to me.

            “Did I scare you?” I smiled at him.

            He moved closer to me, “Not at all…”

            I felt my foot start to rub his. I always tended to do that. It was a weird habit I had. I smiled at him and he lightly kissed me.

            “Thanks for dinner by the way,” I whispered.

            “Any time babe,” he replied. Our foreheads touched but we didn’t move. He pulled a strand of hair out of my face.

            “You know, I haven’t teased you in a while…”

            “I know, I’m really surprised actually,” he smiled and I felt his nose barely brush mine.

            “Tomorrow, I promise you…” I bit my lip. I was slowly drifting off to sleep. He put his hand on my side and I fell into unconsciousness.