Chapter 18

here's the new part! i was writing at like 12:00 last night so i hope it's good... :) comment, fan, and do whatever else it is ur supposed to do! lol okay... BYEE!!!!!! <3

The front door opened at around 8:15. I jumped up from the couch and realized Liam was still sleeping. I had been reading all afternoon. I put my arms out as I walked up to Harry. He hugged me and kissed my cheek.

            “How was it?” He whispered.

            “It was fine…” I replied. He kissed me and I leaned back slightly with my arms around his neck. I pulled away and we walked into the kitchen where Niall, Zayn, and Louis were trying to find something to eat.

            “Did you eat dinner yet?” I asked.

            “No…” Zayn replied looking through the fridge.

            “I had a little bit, but I’ll make Harry buy me something on the ride home…”

            He looked at me and smiled. I nudged him in his side and he laughed.

            “I think we should start getting back home if you want me to buy you something on the way…” Harry said and I nodded in agreement.

            “Bye you two lovebirds,” Louis teased as we walked to the foyer. I slipped on my shoes and coat and Harry took his hand in mine. We walked into the cold November air together.

            The next week Harry and I had off from work early one day. We were walking through a concrete park with a fountain near our apartments. I brought Camille with me and she was still trying to calm herself down from meeting Harry Styles. I’d told her multiple times before I brought her into my apartment not to freak out, but she did. He kept looking at me and I must have mouthed sorry to him a hundred times. Anyway, Harry and I were hand in hand walking through the park and Camille was on the other side of me chatting away. We weren’t really listening so much though.

            “So I was like, ‘Seriously?’”Camille said trotting along.

            “Yeah…” I said looking ahead of me.

            “Are you two even listening to what I’m saying?”

            “Mmhmm…” Harry and I replied.

            “Oookay…” she said and she stuffed her hands in her pockets, “Damn, it’s so cold out! Maya, why did you suggest we go for a walk?”

            “Camille, you didn’t have to come…”

            “But I wanted to! I just expected us to be someplace warmer than outside in freakin’ 32 degree weather!”

            “Sorry Camille,” I replied and Harry linked his arm with mine.

            “You two are adorable together…” she said noticing us.

            We didn’t say anything, but I smiled and felt my cheeks go warm.

            “Can we go get some coffee or something? I can’t feel my hands and I don’t have a freakin’ hot boyfriend to hold my hand…”

            Harry laughed a little, “That sounds good.”

            “Yeah, I think there’s one down here,” I said and we walked out of the park and down a street whose name escaped me.

            “Here it is!” Camille exclaimed and she opened the door for us. It was surprisingly empty for a cold November afternoon. There were a couple girls sitting in the back who noticed Harry but nothing too bad. We went up to the counter and Camille ordered some coffee with a really long name. The only word I could understand was caramel which suited her since I knew how much she loved it. I ordered a tall skim latte and Harry ordered a pumpkin spice latte. We waited and our drinks were done in a matter of minutes. We paid and went to go sit down on the couches near the front door.

            The girls came up to Harry and asked for a picture with him. He said yes and they were squealing with excitement. I got up to go put some cinnamon in my drink. A girl walked over to me.

            “Um… who are you?” she asked me.

            “I’m Maya,” I replied simply.

            “Oh yeah, I’ve heard about you…”

            “You have?”

            “Yeah, Harry mentioned you on an interview since I always follow One Direction.”

            “I thought he just said my initials…”

            “He did, and your name is Maya and I’m assuming your last name starts with an H right?” I nodded, “Yeah, god I wish I was as pretty as you, then maybe I could date Harry Styles…”

            My jaw dropped a little bit. Did she just call me pretty? God, I was never good at taking compliments… “Um… thanks, but the only reason I met him is because he moved into the apartment next to me. Otherwise I would have no chance with him at all…”

            “Well you’d definitely stand out in a crowd,” she smiled at me and I stirred my drink and put the cap back on.

            “Aww, you’re sweet.”

            “I’m Leah by the way; I always come here with my friends over there who are still spazzing out about meeting Harry…”

            I laughed a little, “I surprisingly wasn’t like that when I met Harry…”

            “No way! But it’s Harry Styles! He’s so freakin’ hot!”

            I smiled, “Well yeah… but I don’t know…”

            “Yeah…” she replied. I started walking back over to the couch and plopped down next to Harry.

            “Come on you guys, let’s leave Harry alone…” Leah said ushering them back to their table.

            “Bye Harry!” one girl exclaimed.

            Harry waved goodbye and forced a smile. He looked at me.

            “You have to live with that every single day?” Camille asked.

            “Yes, but there’re so many more of them…” Harry replied not taking his eyes off of me. Don’t kiss me Harry. Now is not the time. I looked away.

            “Can we go home? I’m getting tired…” I said looking at my drink. I took a sip and Harry nodded.

            “When can I meet the rest of the band?” Camille asked as we walked out the front doors.

            “I don’t know… whenever they come over,” I replied and she groaned. She was dying to meet Zayn. He was her favorite; she’d told me plenty of times. I loved Zayn to bits too, and we were actually really close. She just wasn’t allowed to freak out in front of him. I had to engrave that in her brain somehow…