Chapter 13

Lionel's POV

I'm currently sitting in my office, interviewing candidates who applied to be my personal secretary but my mind was occupied by Katherine.

None of the candidates were satisfactory. And if you're thinking what about the previous secretary who was present when I took
charge,.... Let's just say that she was anything but professional and I fired her.

I picked up the intercom to inform the receptionist to send the next candidate.

"Send the next candidate please
mrs.White."I said.

A soft but firm knock resonated through my office.
"Come in." I said in a bored tone.

All I wanted was a trustworthy and capable PA.

I raised my head from the file in front of me to see next person who walked in.

This candidate seemed different from others, both nationality and personality wise.

A young man about 26 years walked in with confidence and he took the seat after we shook hands.

It came to my knowledge that his name is Mr. Ravi Tejaswi.He was the only decent candidate and I was almost happy since I had a hunch that he's the right fit for the position.
His presence emanated power and professionalism unlike others. By the way he talked I could say that he was the person I was looking for.

Happy that I found what I was looking for, we once again shook our hands as I said "You're hired Mr.Ravi. You can start working from today if it isn't a problem with you." I was desperate to fill in the position.

He beamed up as he heard my words
"Thank you Mr.Lawson! And yes, I'll start working from today." He said.

After an hour of signing hundreds of files, I got up to go to Katherine's Office.

I couldn't stay angry at her anymore. All I now wanted was to have her in my arms.

Reaching up to her floor, I noticed that my previous post was already filled up by a young, elegant looking woman.

She smiled as she saw me and said "Hello Mr. Lawson. I'm Charolette Davis, the new secretary. Ms.Xavier had to leave for Spain urgently and informed me to give you this."She said handing me a Manilla Cover.

I took a letter out from the cover and saw the very elegant writing of Katherine.
It said -

" Dear Boyfriend.

I had to leave for Spain very urgently and I couldn't muster up the courage to inform you directly since you were mad at me.

I can't believe that I'm apologising to someone like this but, I'm really very sorry for hurting you.

It was unintentional and that was the only thing I could do at that time.

I hope you'll forgive me by the time I come back and you'll sincerely miss your very gorgeous girlfriend.

I know that you'll be more pissed off since I left without informing you,
but.... That was the only choice I had to not suffer your wrath.

PS: Don't call my cellphone to scold me because I purposefully left it in my office.

Yours ONLY GIRLFRIEND ,
Katherine Amelia Xavier. "

I clenched my jaw at her audacity when I read the letter.
W

ith one swift motion, I turned arround and left the floor.

I slammed the door of my office and sat in my chair with my head in my hands.

I ran a finger through my hair as I tried controlling my anger.

Here I am, trying to forgive her and she leaves the country without even saying a word to me.

I stare at the letter in front of me as a knock resonates from the door.
"Come in." I said, annoyed.

Ravi walked in with a confused look on his face.
"Are you alright Mr. Lawson?" He asks me.

"No Ravi, I'm not. Now leave me alone. " I snap at him. I know it was wrong but his timing was wrong.

"Fine." He shrugged and left my office.
"Why do you have to be so tough to understand Kate?"I sighed as I muttered to myself.

***********
(At Lio's apartment)

I placed my laptop at the center table in the living room and slipped out of my socks.

My thoughts was filled with Kate and I was frustrated beyond limit.

The sudden sound of my blaring phone brought me out of my thoughts.

A familiar name flashed across the screen and I wasted no time in answering.

"Look who finally decided to remember me." I said sarcastically

" Well your girlfriend basically threatened us to stay out of the top floor! What else do you expect us to do?" Mark said over enthusiastically.
(If you people don't remember who mark is- Remember the people from 3rd floor whom Lionel had befriended. The names are Mark, Cole, Sheila, Nick and Britney.)

"She did that?" I asked as I was shocked.

"Ofcourse she did! She's
'The Katherine I do whatever the shit I want Xavier ' What else do you expect?" Britney voiced out.

I rolled my eyes at their insult.Though I wanted to give them a piece of my mind for insulting my girlfriend, I ignored their words because reacting would mean that their words hold importance to me.

"Dude, she's arrogant from birth. I think she even scowled or snapped at the doctor who delivered her." It was Cole's turn to talk shit about Kate.

"I hope that you people know that you're talking about my girlfriend."I warned them playfully.

" Okay we're sorry. What matters now is that we're celebrating your new position. Be ready in an hour. WE ARE PARTYING BAABYYY! " Sheila screamed at the end and I had to hold my phone a little far to save my precious ear.

"Oww!... Stop screaming in my ear bitch!" Cole scolded her.

"Guys okay! Pick me up in exactly an hour." I told them since I wanted to distract them from ripping each others heads off.

"Woah! That's the spirit baby. Bye... " Sheila said and I disconnected the call after mumbling bye.

An idea flashed in my head and I now know how to make Katherine Xavier come running back to New York.

I smirked to myself as I headed to my closet to hunt for a smoking hot outfit.
**************************
1000 words