Chapter 17

Lionel's POV

I felt pain all over my body but my mind was blank. All I saw was a huge table on which a candle was lit and a dim light surrounded me. I was seated in front of it. Did I die?

It was then that I observed that I wasnt alone. A beautiful woman sat opposite to me. She had a warm smile on her face and there was a glow that radiated off her body. She was wearing a pure white gown. And she looked like angel without wings. Yes I died. I almost teared up. Where's Katherine? Will I never be able to see her again?

"Who are you?" I questioned her suspiciously.She arched her eyebrows,just like Katherine and a warm smile danced on her lips.

"Let's just say that I'm your guardian angel."she chuckled mischievously, rolling her eyes.

I just looked at her like she had grown two heads.

"You don't have much time Lionel. You'll have to choose your path as soon as possible." she said with a worried expression on her face.

"Choose a path?! What do you mean?"I asked her in confusion.

Right now, I had two questions in my mind
1.Where am I?
2.What the hell is going on?

"You have two choices right now, the first choice is... Open your eyes and lead a life filled with love and disasters... Second choice is.... Hold my hand and achieve eternal peace.
But you have to choose quickly, orelse you'll be sucked into oblivion and only she can save you." She said with a poker face.

I rolled my eyes at her statement since I didn't understand anything.

"Can you please speak English?" I said sarcastically.

"You're too late... " was all she said as a sharp stinging pain shot through my head and my surroundings turned dark.

****
Katherine's POV

I relaxed into the hot water of shower. Lionel's mother forced me to go home and have some rest since I haven't slept a wink from yesterday.

I wrapped myself in the fluffiest towel after climbing out of shower. I looked at my reflection in the mirror. My eyes were red and swollen from all the crying.

I sighed and walked out of bathroom with a towel tightly wrapped around my body.

I threw on a pair of jeans and a turtle neck top. I wasn't in a mood to dress formally.

I ate a sandwich and quickly drove to hospital.

The smell of hospitals always disgusts me. After a five minute elevator ride I entered the floor where ICU was situated.

But what I saw next made my heart hammer in my chest.

Lionel's mother sat on a chair in front of ICU and was crying her eyes out. Ravi had a worried look in his face.

"What happened?" I asked to no one in particular as I reached them.

Ravi met my eyes with worry. The next word that came out of his mouth made my heart shatter.

"He's in coma... "

I collapsed on the nearest chair. I didn't cry this time. I couldn't shed a tear. Because I was numb.

I thought Lionel would fight his way through this, but.. how could he give up so soon?

Not even once have I said 'I love you' to him. He had confessed his love to me for a million times but I had just pushed him away and ignored his confession.

But I will not give up on him. I will not give up on us. I had just found out that I love him. I will fight for our love.

With a determined look on my face, I went inside the ICU where lio was lying peacefully.

I stood next to him and held his hand near my heart.
"They say that people who are in coma can listen to the sounds in their surroundings. So, I believe you're able to hear me speak." I sobbed in between. "Lionel, I'm sorry, I was too stubborn to accept my feelings for you. No man in my life has ever made me feel safe like you do.You are my perfect little angel. But seeing you lying like this breaks my heart. I love you Lionel. I love you to the moon and back!Please wake up. Please don't leave me alone.
Because, a life without you is like sky without stars. I'm nothing without you Lionel!" I started crying my heart out.

Only he can get me out of this numbness in my heart.

**************************
756 words!

Sorry for the short chapter! But I promise that next one will be bigger.

Meanwhile, please...

Vote & comment.