Chapter 31 - Now you see me..... not!

Lionel's POV

"Yeah, get me the information as soon as possible." I said and ended the phone call.

I sighed and rubbed my eyes in exhaustion. I've been trying to meet this capo from two weeks and still I have no lead.

"Still searching for Capo di Capi?" Ravi asked.
I rolled my eyes at him and continued to work on the stack of files in front of me.

"What are you here for?" I asked him without looking at the files in front of me.

He sighed and sat in front of me.
"You're not going to like what I'm about to say." he said

"When have I ever liked what comes out of that drainage aka your mouth?" I teased.

He mock glared at me.
"In two days time, you're supposed to attend the International Business Conference. So you better meditate and try to control your temper within two days if that's even possible." He said with a fakest smile.

I scrunched my eyebrows in confusion. "Why would I have to control my temper to attend a conference?" I asked.

"Because I'm afraid that you'll blow up once you step inside the conference. You'll come face to face with she who must not be named." he said dramatically.

My heart skipped a beat when he mentioned her. I hated that she still had the same effect on me. It's true that I hate her with every fiber of my body. But I can't deny fact that my stupid broken heart still stops when I think about her.

I pushed the emotions aside and smiled.
"Don't worry. I can handle myself. I'm stronger now. It's her who made me what I am today. You can continue your work." I said and dismissed him but I'll not deny the fact that I may have seen a proud look cross across Ravi's face.

I was glad that I got him as my assistant. He was like a brother from another mother and the even better thing is that he and Drake got along well. Drake is starting to have feelings for his wife but that dickhead denies it.

I shook my head and got back to work. Those million dollars I earn isn't going to come without working.
----------------------------------------------------------
I wrapped my arms around her tiny naked frame while she left peacefully.
I snuggled my nose on the crook of her neck and smelled her breathtaking scent.

"Whaat... let me sleep." she whined.
I chuckled still leaving butterfly kisses on her neck.

"Who told you that you can't sleep?" I teased her. She sighed in turned towards me. Her beautiful dark brown orbs stared into mine.

"Then stop kissing me." she laid her head on my chest. I ran my hand on her naked back, tracing her smooth skin. She shivered at my touch and I loved that I had that control over her.

"You should stop doing that." She moaned. I smirked.
Suddenly she got on top of me and  smiled.
"Look who's a naughty boy." she cooed. I gripped her hips and kept her in place.

"Only for you babe. I love you so much that I forget to breathe whenever I look at your face. I don't know what I'd do without you." I confessed sincerely.