Chapter 18

Katherine's POV

Its been fourteen days.
Fourteen days since Lionel is in coma.
Fourteen days of silence from him.
Fourteen days since he smiled, teased me, got angry.
Fourteen day's of hell.
Fourteen days of numbness in my heart.
Fourteen days since I've gone to my office.

"Ms.Xavier,.... You should come to office. I can't manage anymore. There are lots of pending files that you should sign."
Cherry ( Charolette), my assistant told me with a hint of fear.

Last time she told me to come to office, I threatened to fire her.
I've been throwing my frustration on everybody who dares to talk to me.

"I'll be ready in an hour." I said sternly and got up.
I've been sitting on this uncomfortable chair, next to my boyfriend from fourteen days.

We (me and Cherry) turned our heads towards the door when we heard someone enter.

The doctor who's been treating Lionel entered with a hint of fear in his face.

"Ms. Xavier.... I'm sorry to say this but we think that we should take
Mr. Lawson off from life support. It's been fourteen days but there's no improvement in his condition mam." He said as his voice trembled with fear. I know what this bitch was trying to do. He just wanted to take Lionel off life support so that he could convince Lionels mother to donate his organs. He was trying to get a commission by sacrificing my man's life. But little does this vermin know what awaits him as soon as Lio wakes up.

Anger boiled up in me as I said in a calm but intimidating voice.
"Take his life support off and the next day you'll see this place demolished.
I'll decide whether to take his life support off or not."

I walked past him, making sure to bump my shoulder into him.

***
I signed gazillion number of papers and attended many meetings in my office.

I tried my best to take my mind off from a certain Prince Charming who's lying unconscious in hospital.

All my meetings were successful and I gave the green signal for the next project we were undertaking.

"No need to come with me Cherry. You can go home." I said to my assistant and got in the car and drove off without waiting for an answer.

***
Lionel's POV

Black , is all I see. I don't know where I am. I don't know what's happening arround me.

All that ran through my mind was her. My Katherine....

I was frustrated without seeing her face. I wanted to hear her voice. I missed her smile. Her chuckles. Her blush. Her luscious lips. Her soft skin. Her dark brown hair. Her cockiness. Her bossy attitude.

"Missing someone!" I heard a familiar voice.

My guardian angel!

I snapped my head towards the source of voice. She was sitting on a chair that I'm sure didn't exist before.

The only source of light was the glow illuminating from her skin.

"So,... You finally decided to show up." I said.

"Well, I had to show up since you decided to be so ignorant." she said, with an hint of irritation in her voice.

"Excuse me! Care to elaborate?" I said irritated and confused.

"What is the last thing you remember Lionel?" She asked in a calm voice.

I thought for a bit as I strained my mind to remember.