Chapter 22 - Traitor Kate!

Lionel's POV

I'm currently sitting in Kate's office glaring daggers at her but she's succesfully ignoring me.

She glanced at my scowling face and rolled her eyes before engaging herself with the files in front of her.

If you're confused about why I'm pissed off at her, the reason is very simple....... this bossy girlfriend of mine is NOT LETTING ME WORK!

"Are you really not gonna let me work?"I asked her in agitation.

Her pretty dark brown orbs turned towards me and she sighed.
"But you're already working!" she said
I looked at her as if she had grown two heads.
"Oh really!.....please enlighten me about how sitting on a couch, absolutely doing nothing is considered as working?" I asked her in a mocking tone.

She turned towards me again and smirked.
"You're sitting on a couch looking pretty and encouraging me to work peacefully without firing anyone." she said.

"Okay, first..... I'm not pretty, I'm handsome. Only girls are pretty. And second.... You better let me work or I'm leaving." I told her sternly. She was pissing me off beyond limits.

"Oh! I'm  so hurt. Are you bored to see your girlfriend's face? Do you not find me attractive anymore darling?" she said in a fake hurt voice as she sat beside me on the couch.

I rolled my eyes in annoyance.
"I know what you're trying to do
Ms. Xavier and you're terribly failing to guilt trip me. I give you two choice, you either let me work or I'm leaving"
I said in determination.

Katherine suddenly pulled me by my collar and pressed her lips to mine. I was shocked by the sudden move.She was now straddling me.

She groaned against my lips when I didn't respond to the kiss.

She pulled away and looked at me with with a sad look. Her eyes held genuine hurt.

That's when I felt bad for rejecting her. She began to get up from my lap looking dissapointed.

Before my brain could think of my next move, I pulled her to me and kissed her passionately.

She smiled against my lips and I returned it. Her hands moved throughout my abs, sending shivers down my spine.

Her hands then moved along my arms settled at my wrists.

My eyes widened with shock when I realised that I was betrayed as soon as I heard a click sound.

I looked at my wrist to see that I was handcuffed to a chair that was next to the couch.

I looked at the now smirking Katherine in horror.
"Good luck with leaving my office, dragging a chair with you on your way out."  She said with a stupid smirk on her face.

"You cheat!How could you? Remove this right now Kate." I yelled at her.

She smiled widely and brought her face close to mine.
"You should have listened when I told you to rest at home, sweetheart."She said seductively.

I tried to glare at her but failed miserably. Her breathtaking scent distracted my thoughts as my brain stopped working.

I looked at the handcuffs again and imagined how ridiculous it would look if the company's CFO was found walking around with a chair that is handcuffed to him.

I looked at her face which held amusement in her eyes.
What's so amusing about this situation?

I tried the best trick that would sometimes work on her.
I looked at her with my innocent looking eyes and her gently "Please babe.... remove this handcuffs. I promise to go home and rest."

Her eyes softened for a moment and she looked at me lovingly.
I mentally fist pumped in the air when I realised that my trick was working.

She took out the key from her pocket and brought it near my handcuffs to unlock them  but stopped suddenly and looked at me with mischevious eyes.

"You can't trick Katherine Xavier so easily, my sexy ass boyfriend." She cooed near my ears.

I looked at her with a shocked expression on my face. I can't believe she saw right through my lies!

I shouted behind her retreating figure "I hate you, Katherine Parrera Xavier!"

She stopped and turned arround to look at me.
"I love you too Lionel Lawson." She said with amusement in her eyes.

I scowled at her and she ignored me as she walked towards her huge desk.

A sense of warmth filled me as I shaked my head and muttered under my breath
"I love you more, my princess."

**************
756 words.

A/N
Katherine's surname should be pronounced as Ex-Avier....
Not Zavier.

Mean while....
Please vote and comment.