Chapter 58

Third Person POV

Lionels hand trembled as he fixed his suit. A mixture of excitement and a little nervousness made him take a second glance at himself in the mirror. It was the day of his wedding and he knew that he looked perfect. So far everything had gone as he had imagined. His mother had happy tears looking at her son dressed up as a groom. His little sister was jumping around, taking selfies and happily chatting with the guests. But something felt off. Nothing has been this perfect in his life. Something was definitely going to go wrong. Lionel shook off his intrusive thoughts and gave himself a little pep talk that everything was going to be fine.

Katherine would never let anything spoil the most important day of their lives. Lionel had demanded that he wanted a perfect wedding without all the dramas and Kate promised him that everything will be perfect. He wanted this day to be about him and Katherine. Nothing else and nobody else mattered to him because he knew that their relationship had been doomed from the beginning. They were not a normal couple and they can never be normal. So, he insisted that at least their wedding day should be normal.

Youre thinking too much. Drake, his best man said, patting Lionels shoulder. Lionel smiled at his best friend. Life may not have been perfect for Lionel but his friends were. Ryder entered the room with a small gift box in hand.

I havent received Capos gift yet. I will not be receiving anybody elses before that. Lionel said smiling politely at Ryder. Ryder chuckled at his words. Youre not supposed to receive anybodys gift before you receive one from Capo di Capi. He said handing Lionel the small box in his hand. At the mention of Capo di Capi, Lionel quickly grabbed the box and opened it to see the insignia of Capo di Capi. It was similar to the one that Ryder always wore on his lapel but this seemed a little more extravagant.

Whats this? Lionel asked Ryder, in confusion. Lionel had only heard stories about the mysterious Capo di Capi and his highly skilled men who worked in all the five main mafias but he didnt understand the meaning of Capo di Capis gift.

Ryder smiled at Lionel and picked up the insignia, pinning it into Lionels suit. Its an honour. When you have the Capo di Capis insignia, even the devil will be afraid to touch you. Ryder said with pride in his eyes. Lionel wasnt sure about wearing the insignia. It felt as if some unknown man had laid a claim on him. But he had no power to refuse a gift from the Capo di Capi.

Have you seen him? Lionel asked, letting his curiosity get the best of him. He wasnt sure whether he would get an honest answer out of Ryder. Because nobody ever talked about Capo di Capi. Capo di Capi was like the Voldemort of the mafia world. The one who shouldnt be named. But much to Lionels surprise, Ryder just smiled politely. Yes, I have seen Capo di Capi. Its time to leave, the ceremony is about to start soon. He said, ushering Lionel out of the room.

The wedding hall was decorated beautifully. It looked like the venue came straight out of a fairy tale. Ryder took his position as the officiant and the entire venue filled with the chatter of the guests became silent. Lionels mother sat at the front wiping the tears of joy. Drake joined Lionel as his best man and the twins, Jason and Mason, Ansel Garcia, Ravi and Eric took their place behind Lionel as his groomsmen. Lionels hands turned cold due to nervousness. It was finally happening. He was going to marry Katherine Xavier. Everything felt like a dream to him. He scanned the faces of the guests and sure enough, he noticed the four mafia dons. Zane Costello of Italian mafia, Cain Blueman of American Mafia, Zou Huan of the Chinese Mafia and finally the prick, Nikolai Stanislav of the Russian mafia. Looking at the smirk on Nikolais face made Lionel very uncomfortable but he ignored it and prayed that all the Satan incarnates behaved properly until the wedding was over. He didnt want his mother and sister to find out.

The brides entry was announced and Lionel could not take his eyes off of Katherine. As soon as his eyes laid on her, everybody else vanished. It was just him and her. She stood in front of him, staring deep into his eyes with love. Nothing else mattered to Lionel. She was not a CEO or a Capo anymore. At that moment, they were just Katherine and Lionel. The couple that stood strong no matter the troubles and hardships life threw at them. It was just them and their love. They said their vows and Lionel was sure that his mother was weeping like a child. He couldnt control the grin on his face and was sure that Drake and Ravi would tease him about it. But he didnt care. Katherine was his wife now and he wished that the time would stop right at that moment because he wanted to look at the beauty in front of him for a longer time.