Chapter 27-The wedding.

Lionel's POV

"You don't really have to do this... " I told Drake as he was fixing a white rose to his tuxedo.

I knew that my best friend was dying inside but he was faking his smile. He glanced at me from the corner of his eyes and sighed deeply.

"I have to do this Lio. This is the only way. I have to marry Sophia." He said hiding the hurt that was in his eyes.

He had put on a blank face to the world  but as his best friend, I know that he's not happy.

"Why are you not telling me about this friend? Will that girl come to the wedding today?" I asked him all the questions I had .

He raked his fingers through his hair and sighed again.

"Because I don't want your moronic ass to confront him and yes, that girl will come today. But please don't pester me about this ever again. The main reason I'm getting married is to forget her." he said in a single breath.

I opened my mouth to reply but the buzz of my phone interrupted me. I gestured drake to wait a moment and checked my phone.

Katherine's name flashed across the screen and a smile found it's way to my lips.

"Looks like the queen has arrived!" I said through the phone and gestured Drake that I'll talk to him later. He nodded with a sad expression and I left the room.

"Where are you?" she asked me annoyed. I grinned and shook my head as I walked arround the hall and stood behind her.

"Turn arround." I said.she quickly turned arround and her frown turned into a huge smile.

She hugged me and I wrapped my arms around her petite frame.
"You look beautiful." i said.

"Of course I do. I'm The Katherine Xavier after all." she said proudly.
I chuckled and poked her forehead playfully to which she pouted.

-------------------------
The wedding was amazing. When the bride walked down the aisle, I imagined Kate in a beautiful wedding gown, looking as gorgeous as ever.

I've been planning to propose her but I'm already nervous as hell. Will she say yes? Is she ready to settle down with me? Katherine was a player. She wasn't the type who settles down.

'But she loves me now. She has changed.Of course she will say yes.' my inner voice said.

"What are you thinking?" Katherine's sleepy voice interrupted my thoughts.
I looked at her naked form as she layed her head on my chest.

"You better stay still unless you're up for another round of action." I teased her. Her cheeks turned pink with embarrassment.

I brought my thumb and forefinger to pinch her cheeks but she held my wrists and smirked.

"Don't touch me." she turned away from me, hiding her cheeks.

I pouted childishly at her behaviour "Oh no! Not again.Babe....turn around please.. "

---------------------------------

I stood in my office talking to Ravi on phone. Ravi is such a good assistant that I've started to depend on him for everything.

I gave him the responsibility to arrange everything that's needed for me to propose Kate.

It's been a month after Drakes marriage and I can't wait to settle down with Katherine.
I couldn't live a day without seeing her adorable face.

"Everything should be perfect Ravi. I'm getting a feeling that tonight, my life will take a drastic change. I just hope she says yes."  I said.

"You're worrying too much. Everything will be perfect and she will say yes." He said through the phone.

"Thanks buddy. I don't know what I'd do without you." I said in gratitude

I took a deep breath to calm my nerves. My heart thumped inside my chest when I thought about today's proposal.

**********************
631 words.

The next chapter will take the story to a different direction. And I'll try to update as soon as possible.