Chapter 62

Lionels POV

I watched Katherine pace back and forth while she talked to Ryder on the phone. We were back in New York since I couldn't take anymore time off from Lawson Corp. It has almost been a month after our wedding and the paparazzi hadn't died down yet. There were various supporters as well as haters. Katherine had become the CEO of Xavier Corp again and things were starting to get settled slowly. But the Spanish mafia was not very pleased with their Capo deciding to shift back to New York.

Katherine muttered a string of curses in Spanish as she disconnected the call. She slumped down on the chair in front of me as I looked at her. "I'm going to kill those twins." She said, pressing her fingers to the bridge of her nose." Make sure to kill Mason first." I remarked. I would have killed that son of a bitch as soon as I saw him kissing my sister. If it wasn't for Katherine, that motherfucker would have been six feet under the ground by now. To make matters even worse, I learned that Lana had gotten a job in Spain just so she could be with that nutjob.

"You cannot hold that grudge forever Lionel." Katherine said. She knew that there was no way she could change my mind about this. But she never stopped trying." What did they do this time?" I asked, concerned."Mason got drunk and hit a police officer. Jason joined in and they are both arrested now. Lana was with them at the time, but Ansel managed to get her away." She said raking her hand through her hair. Katherine loved those kids as if they are her own. But she let them off the hook too many times." If you don't reign them in now, I'm going to have to step in Katherine. I'm not going to let those fools do something that might harm my sister." I said, letting her know how serious I was. She nodded, understanding the seriousness in my voice. Katherine knew that my patience only extended to a limit.

She sat on my lap and rubbed her fingers through my scalp. "Don't worry, I'll take care of them and make sure that Lana is safe too. Now give me a kiss.' She said, pulling me into a kiss. I smiled, kissing her back. Having to manage the company and support Katherine with the mafia work was too much pressure for me but coming home to her was the best thing that I looked forward to everyday. Katherine was busier these days. She scouted for people that worked for Nikolai and made sure to kill them all. However, she left one alive. The one that betrayed her trust and indirectly became the reason for our breakup. But she didnt let him go. He lived in the basement of her safehouse in Spain. She made sure he got nutritious food, five slices of bread and a regular dose of T33 thrice a day. She wanted him to get a taste of his own medicine.

I broke the kiss and started showering her neck with light kisses. She giggled as my beard tickled her. "What do you want for dinner?" I asked her, tucking a strand of her hair behind her ear." And don't say you want me. Thats for dessert." I said, booping her nose. She slapped my hand away and tried to pull me in for a kiss but I held her face in my hands, stopping her." No lady, let me feed that little stomach first." I said, trying to make a point but she shook her head. "My hunger is not for food. I want you first." She said, crashing her lips to mine. I kissed her back eagerly and stood up, still holding her to me. We didnt break the kiss as I took her to the bedroom and laid her on the bed." I thought of making steak for dinner, but I guess the only meat youre going to get is mine." I said and kissed her again. But this time, it was her who pushed me away." Okay, steak first. Come on Chef, chop-chop." She said, quickly getting away from my embrace. I laughed at her eagerness as I followed her into the kitchen.

*****************

Third person POV

Ryder glared at the sulking twins. The minute he heard from Ansel about their arrest, his heart almost stopped. He wasn't worried about Jason but Mason was a different case. Ryders thoughts drifted back to the day Mason was taken into the hospital.