Chapter-53

Chapter - 53

Katherines POV

Drake started to choke as soon as I punched him. Good I thought. Messing with me would definitely have severe consequences. But messing with Lionel will make me rain hell upon him. His face started to turn red and I knew that I have to take out the pen which was choking him.

I put my hand inside his mouth and made sure the cap scratched his throat while I roughly pulled it out. It may seem gross to many people but I was used to it. I had pulled many things out of people I torture that are more gross than a pen.

I threw the pen down and grabbed him by the collar of his white coat and pulled him towards me. You have five seconds to tell me why Lionel is crying before I Put a bullet through your mouth. I asked him seriously.

He widened his eyes at my threat and replied hurriedly Hes just dramatic

I raised an eyebrow at his audacity. I pulled my gun out of my blazer and pointed it at him. Make sure your answer sounds like its your mistake because Lionel is always right. Do you understand? I asked the idiot. He nodded his head and I removed my hands from his coat making sure to push him down in the process.

Lionel hurried inside most probably because he heard the commotion and he wanted the idiot on the ground alive. I silently wished it was because Lionel wanted to torture him in the dungeons back in Spain but knowing him its probably because he loves his friend or some mushy shit like that.

Holy shit Kate! Lionel exclaimed. I was just kidding. You dont have to kill the man. He said hurrying towards drake to help him up. Drake started coughing violently as he spit blood. Lionels eyes looked worried and I realized that he was feeling a little guilty.

An hour later, Drake sat on his chair glaring at Lionel as he held his bleeding nose. Lionel apologized profusely as if what I did was completely wrong.

I rolled my eyes at his foolishness and glared at Drake. Okay, can any one of you idiots tell me what is going on here? I asked them looking at them expectantly.

**************************************************************************

Third person POV

Drake looked at Lionel, expecting him to tell her the whole story and Lionel understood the message. He looked at his girlfriend and sighed, sitting next to her and taking her hand in his.

Babe, can you please let Drake draw some blood from your hand. Lionel asked carefully as if she was a time bomb that was ready to explode any minute.

Katherine looked puzzled at Lionels question and nodded her head after overcoming the initial shock. Okay. She said and looked at Drake expecting him to draw her blood. Both men looked shocked as they had expected her to ask a lot of questions and resist. They never expected that sticking a needle into Katherine Xavier would be that easy.

Thats it? Lionel asked her, shocked You arent going to ask me why?

Katherine smiled looking into Lionels eyes. She wondered how his blue eyes still managed to evoke butterflies in her stomach. No, I trust you. She said softly, it was the kind of tone that she only used with Lionel.

It was now Lionels turn to have butterflies in his stomach. He nodded to his friend to proceed and while Drake drew the blood from Katherines hand, Lionel held her hand in his in a silent support. Though she didnt ask for it, he knew that she needed it.

Drake carefully picked the sample and sent it to the lab for testing. He did a few more tests on Katherine and sat on his seat as he sighed. He wasnt sure on how to approach the subject.

Katherine, youre being poisoned by your doctor. He said staring directly at her. Katherine almost choked on her own spit at his revelation. She didnt hesitate a second before saying No. She stared directly at Drake in fury. Dont you fucking dare to insult someone I care about like that. I trust Logan with my life. You have no idea of who youre talking about or who youre talking to. She snapped at him.

Drake, however wasnt very surprised at her outburst. He even expected it. If she had accepted the news calmly, he would have definitely referred her to a psychiatrist but he was relieved that he didnt have to.

Youre both right and wrong Ms. Xavier. Drake replied I may not know what kind of a person your doctor is but I definitely know that a mafia don isnt that stupid to be betrayed by one of her own.

Katherines eyes widened at Drakes words. She glared at Lionel for disclosing an information that should have been a secret. But Lionel shrugged nonchalantly. We dont keep secrets with each other. He spoke.

I have my team looking up on Dr. Logan because what he has done is an unforgiveable crime. The sample which Lionel gave me contains Toxin 33 or T33 for short. WHO banned its usage to manufacture medicines around eight years ago. Ten milligrams of this toxin mixed with water can kill around a million humans. So, if my guess is right, you dont have cancer. Because it looks like your symptoms are related to T33 poisoning. Drake informed them.

Well, if it is deadly, why is Katherine not dead yet? He is giving this to her since five years. Lionel asked him.

Drake nodded affirmatively at his friends question. Youre right. Alone, T33 can be a deadly poison but when it is mixed with S18 and P108, it will act as a slow poison. Maybe it was mixed in Katherines food, which made her get severe stomach aches and fatigue. I guess thats when Katherine consulted Dr. Logan parker since he is her doctor. But Logan made it look like she had cancer so that she would let him inject the chemical directly into her veins. Then she started having panic attacks, hallucinations, rapid weight loss and severe hair fall, which made her believe she really did have Cancer. If my guess is right, Katherine believed what logan said and did not consult any other doctor for an opinion? Drake asked her even though he was confident that he was right.

Katherine Sat silently staring into the entwined hands of her and Lionels. Drake was absolutely right. When Logan told her that she had cancer, she had become so upset that she didnt consult any doctor for a second opinion. She just let Logan inject medicines to her body. She trusted him so much that she didnt question his diagnosis. She felt ashamed that she was so blind with trust that she let someone betray her like that. One part of her wanted to put a bullet through Logans mouth but another part of her still couldnt believe that Logan would do this to her. But the question that bugged her mind was why would he try to kill her?

Logan was a man who took a bullet to his chest to save Katherine. He was one of the members of her council. She wasnt angry at his betrayal. She felt numb. She felt ashamed that she stayed away from Lionel all these years because of a lie. Lionel squeezed her hand in assurance. He wanted her to know that she wasnt alone in her battles. He would always be there for her till his last breath. Katherine leaned her head on his shoulder. He wasnt just her support system. At that moment in front of the doctor, Lionel was her safety. He was her cocoon. He is the only person she can trust her life with because at that moment she felt that it was only her and Lionel against the world. And Lionel will make sure protect her even if he had to fight every single living organism in the world.

***************************************************************************1349 words