Chapter 35 - Kidnapped!

Lionel's POV

I glared at the smirking jerk in front of me while the ropes dug through my wrists.

"Mr. Lawson, I suggest you to stop struggling. You'll only hurt yourself more otherwise." Andrew said.

"Then tell me why the hell am I being kept here agaisnt my will, moreover I'm tied to a very uncomfortable chair. What does your psycho bitch of a boss want from me?" I yelled the last part.

Flashback :-

"How many minutes more?" I snapped while looking at my watch.
I could hear Costello grit his teeth while trying to control his anger.

"Don't test my patience Lawson. Just because Katherine don't want you dead, I've been tolerating your nonsense from the past two hours."He said after he calmed down.

I smirked in response "So, your bitch of a wife cares about me." I said faking happiness.

I knew that I hit a nerve when I suddenly saw a gun aimed at my forehead while Zane Costello was at the other end.

I was internally shocked by the amount of calmness I felt. I was supposed to be afraid. Zane Costello was known as a ruthless don. But I didn't feel even an ounce of fear in me.

Just seconds before he was about to press the trigger, there was a sudden jerk in the car.

Around ten black suvs surrounded the vehicle I was in and many masked men got down the cars.

The next few minutes passed by in a blur. I could hear Costello's men shouting and gunshots echoed throughout the area.

Something was dropped inside the car I was in and within few seconds smoke filled inside the car.

I tried opening the doors and windows but it looked like they were jammed.
My lungs burned due to smoke and I turned around to see that Zane Costello was unconscious.

Soon I started slipping in and out of consciousness. And when I woke up, I was tied into this very uncomfortable chair with a blank faced Andrew in front of me.
-----------------------

"Ms. Xavier said that you were on the way to meet Capo di Capi. She wants to know the reason." He asked.

There was a brief second of silence before I was full on laughing.
This had to be a damn joke.

"Are you freaking kidding me?" I asked him in between my laughter.
He cocked his head to the side but his expression remained stoic.

"Is she out of her damn mind?Why the hell does she want to know about what I do or who I meet? Tell your boss to not cross her limits she's a nobody to me and I dont wish to share about my personal life with a stranger." I replied coldly. 

I watched as Andrew's face visibly soften a little.
"She might be a nobody to you
Mr.Lawson but you still are somebody to her. She's doing this to protect you. Please under-" I didn't let him rant his bullshit to me anymore.

"No, Andrew. Don't bullshit me about how she still cares. If she really cared, she wouldn't have left me and married that dog Costello!" I spat with venom in my voice.

"She always has a reason behind everything she does Mr. Lawson. She only has best interests for you." He defended her.

I let out a dry humourless chuckle.The once role model of my life was now the person I hated with every bone in my body.
"Liar!" screamed my conscious but I ignored it.

There was a time once, where the mere sound of her chuckle sent shivers down my body but now it is the sound I despise the most. It is no more melodious.

There was once a time where the mention of her name made an involuntary smile grace my lips but now it only brings sadness.

No matter how much I convince myself that she does not matter anymore, the mere mention of her name made my heart ache for her. For her smile, for her touch. For her beautiful chocolatey brown eyes.

No matter how much I hate her. There is still a part of me, no matter how much hidden deep inside me, no matter how small part it is, It still loves her.

I sucked in a deep breath to calm my nerves. I hate this. I hate how her name, her smile, her eyes still manage to hurt me. I hate how she can still bring tears to my eyes without being physically present in front of me.

"Mr. Lawson, " Andrew's voice brought me out of my reverie.

"I assume you're not aware of the seriousness of the situation. Meeting the Capo will put you on spotlight of trouble. You will be noted by the people whom you should be staying away from. We don't want to enter into the world of mafia now, do we?" He said in a deadly calm tone.

However, I hated his tone. It felt as if he was warning a child.
"Watch what you speak Andrew." I snapped.
"Don't tell me what I should aor should not be doing. Now get me out of these ropes. I know what I should be doing."

He rolled his eyes and sighed.
"I'll have to ask Ms. Katherine." He got up from his chair with his phone in his hand.

But halted as soon as I snorted.
"Do you seek permission from your boss woman to even fart? Wimp!" I muttered but knew he heard me loud and clear.

He shook his head and chuckled with an amused expression before walking out.

He came back after few minutes with a scowl on his face. Looks like the jerk was ordered to do something that he did not like.

"What are you pouting about wimp? boss woman didn't grant you permission to fart?" I taunted him with a smirk on my face and his scowl deepened.

"Since you were persistent on meeting the capo, you will be meeting the capo's P.A who will be on call with the Capo." He said ignoring my taunt and involuntarily my lips broke into a grin which soon turned into a scowl with one word he said "Here."

"Here?!" I asked him surprised.
"Yes here!" he taunted me back. Jerk.

"Please wait for an hour." he said and left. And that's what I did for the next hour. I waited.

**************************
1068 words.