Chapter 21- Back to Xavier corp!

Lionel's POV

"Glare at me all you want, but I'm going to the office today and it's final." I said to Kate and pouted.

If you're gonna ask why I pouted? The answer is, well... Which girl can resist when a handsome man pouts?

I knew my plan worked when Katherine sighed and rubbed her temples.

"Fine, but you're gonna work from my office. No attending any meetings today. Deal?" she asked sternly.

I showed her my billion dollar smile and said "Deal."

I got discharged from the hospital a month ago but Katherine refused to send me to my apartment.

So I've been trapped in her penthouse and is getting nursed by a beautiful billionaire.

Kate's face brightened as soon as I agreed to her condition and she leaned to kiss me.

My lips met hers halfway and I slid my hands arround her waist.
I pulled her flush against my chest and deepened the kiss.

She pulled away and I frowned.
"We are going to be late. And you know that I hate it when my employees are late Mr.Lawson."

I playfully glared at her and walked to the bathroom for a quick shower.

We ate the breakfast in comfortable silence and headed to the office together.
-

------------------------------
Fifteen minutes later

The car stopped in front of the huge building of Xavier corp.
God! I missed this place.

I heard Kate chuckle while I was admiring the office building I missed.

"What?" I asked her in confusion.
She held my hand and smiled at me shaking her head.

"You look like you missed this place." she said.

"I really did." I said

Her eyes widened in disbelief and amusement was clear in her face.

"You're the only employee who says that he missed his working place. Because every employee I've come across had just wanted their office building to burn down.

I smirked and snaked my hand across her waist. She looked stunned by the sudden gesture.

"Sweetheart... Then you're about to see the real, loyal employee."

She giggled and shook her head. Lately, Katherine giggles a lot at whatever I say.

Even her giggles are melodious like her laughter.

Everybody's eyes turned towards us as we entered the building. I could see the jealous eyes of men and I smirked at them.

Well, they all came to know that their beautiful boss is dating their new CFO when Katherine officially announced it on a press meet.

Flashback.....

One month ago.

I was sitting on my hospital bed and playing clash of clans in my mobile

Today was the day that I was going to be discharged from this hellhole.

I was thinking about how to convince Kate about me going to my apartment when a picture from the news paper caught my attention.

I put my phone on the stand next to my bed and picked up the news paper.
Mine and Katherine's picture was printed on it and the headlines read -
Billionaire playgirl finally settling down?
The headlines piqued my interest. So read the article further.

Ms.Katherine Xavier, The CEO of Xavier corp has officially announced that she is in a relationship with Mr. Lionel Lawson,CFO of Xavier corp.

As soon as Ms.Xavier announced about the relationship, Mr.Lawsons social media has been swarmed with followers.

Girls are drooling over this handsome hunk and we can clearly see the reason why. Ms. Xavier has got herself a greek god this time.

Sources have confirmed that the golden girl has been seen not showing interest in her one night stands anymore.

Though we can hear many heart's getting broken, we are happy about the new couple.

Some are even saying that we can hear the wedding bells soon.

The only thing we can do is that hope Ms.Beautiful and Mr.Handsome get married soon.
---
"Why are you gaping at the paper?" Kate was now stood in front of me.

I showed her the article and she smiled. "You didn't even think of informing me before throwing me under the bus?" I asked as I raised one of my eyebrows in question.

"Don't worry darling, I won't let them near you." she said as she sat on my lap.

(end of flashback)

Cherry flashed us her brightest smile. "Good morning Ms.Xavier and Mr.Lawson." she said in a excited voice.

Kate just nodded her head and had a poker face. Rude......
"Good Morning Cherry." I smiled at her and which she happily returned.

I saw Kate glaring at me when I entered her office.
"What?!" I asked her innocently even though I knew why she was angry.

"You exactly know why I'm mad Lionel! Don't act innocent." she said. Her voice showed how angry she was.
But I still decided to play innocent.
"I really don't know why you're angry. Did I do something wrong?"

"Good morning Cherry.... " she said in a mocking voice and that was my limit. I burst out laughing when I saw how childish she looked.

But she got more pissed off when I laughed.
"Shut up.... I'm not joking here." she snapped.

"But your voice says otherwise babe." I said between my laughs and hugged her by the waist.

She tried to struggle out of my grip but I held her firmly. After fighting for sometime she finally gave up and huffed, crossing her arms across her breast.

I chuckled at her gesture. "Do you know that you look so cute when you are jealous?" I asked her and kissed her temple.

"Yeah, whatever ...but mark my words Lionel, show your teeth to some other girl again and I'll make sure that you have none left in your mouth." She said.

I laughed at her remark again. "Are you sure that you'll date a man who's teethless, sweetheart." I teased her.

She tried hard controlling her laughter but failed miserably.
The next minute, we both burst out laughing like crazy people.

This day couldn't turn out any better.

******************
1012 words