Chapter 52

Third person POV-

Katherine walked towards Zane's office briskly. Her fingers were balled into fists . She stood in front of the closed door that held his name in big bold letters. She didn't bother to knock as she twisted the knob and opened the door, slamming it loudly.

The men inside the office looked at the intruder and before they could react, Zane Costello dismissed them. Katherine ignored the men walking past her and trained her eye's on him.

Zane Costello looked at her as if he was bored. Based on the glare she was giving him, he knew that he was screwed. He didn't know why. But he was surely screwed.

He opened his mouth to sass but a hard slap from the brunette made him shut up.

"You made your wife get an IVF just because you refuse to sleep with her?" Katherine fumed.

Zane merely flinched despite the stinging pain on his cheek. Katherine could hit hard enough to give nightmares to a fully grown man.

He smirked, knowing that it will rile her up.

"Did you fly all the way from Spain to Newyork to slap me?" He asked her in amusement.

" Don't flatter yourself." She said, sitting in his seat. She knew she should not be disrespecting the Italian mafia don. But she didn't care. He could go screw himself if he had a problem with her sitting on his seat.

Zane huffed in annoyance, not because she sat in his seat. Only Katherine had all rights to annoy him. But she not so subtly pushed off the paper weight from his table. The paper weight which she had gifted him shattered into infinite pieces and so did Zane's hopes of Katherine recognising his love for her.

"Isabella and I are best friends. I cannot sleep with my best friend." Zane replied, keeping his annoyance to himself.

"But you want an heir from your best friend?" She taunted him, raising an eyebrow. But before he could reply, she snapped "What the fuck is your problem?"

"I'm still in love with you. That's my problem. I can't love one woman and fuck another. But my father clearly doesn't understand that. And without an heir, I'm screwed. My father threatened me to give the mafia to Antonio, if I wasn't going to have a child by the end of the year. Zane huffed out in frustration as he ran his fingers through his hair

Zane always hated his cousin Antonio. He was just waiting for a chance to slap him. With a brick. Wrapped in nails. So when Zanes father gave him an ultimatum, he just couldnt let Antonio have the mafia.

Katherine rolled her eyes. Although she didnt want asshole Antonio to have the Italian mafia, she was more concerned about Zanes infatuation with her. Zane could make a grown ass man pee in his pants with just a glare but when it came to Katherine, the man was always putty in her hands. Since the first day he saw the teen Katherine, who at the time had maskara running down her face due to crying while she roamed the streets of Spain . It was the day her sister Alison was killed by her husband.

Zane, my pretty boy, love is bullshit. You and I are over. We have different people to go home to now . So get over your little fantacy and go home to your wife, who is probably in a lot of pain as were speaking right now. She said and got up, ready to leave.

Zane scrunched his eyebrows in response. He always hated Lionel for reasons even he couldnt comprehend. So, before thinking he asked her the question that made him lose his sleep for many days. What does he have that I dont?

Katherine stopped on her tracks and turned around to face him. Firstly , Common sense , secondly, a big dick She said sarcastically and walked out of his office before he could respond.

************************************************************************

Lionels POV

The test results are back. Drake said holding the results as he sat in front of Lionel who was deep in thought. Lionel couldnt shake off the nagging feeling he had about the medicine that Dr. Logan Parker injected into Katherines veins twice a day. So he decided to sneakily steal a vial of the unlabelled medicine and asked Drake, his best friend who is also a doctor to test it.

Lionels eyes snapped towards drake as soon as he heard his voice, but before he could respond, drake beat him to it. But first, tell me where you got this shit from. He asked Lionel clutching the file tightly as if his friend would snatch it away from him. Not that Lionel wasnt thinking about it.

That shit is being injected into my girls body twice a day, so if you could be so kind to use your brain, and tell me what is it, it would be very helpful. Lionel bit back sarcastically.

Drakes eyes widened as he collapsed on the chair next to his friend. Your girl is screwed. He muttered under his breath. He couldnt comprehend who could have gotten access to a substance like this. He quickly concluded the answer to it. Let me guess, was it her doctor? he asked to which Lionel nodded impatiently. He couldnt rest until he knew that Katherine was safe but by the look on Drakes face, he knew that he wasnt going to like the test results.

Do yourself a favour and ask your girl to get back here as soon as possible. Drake told him seriously and walked off with the file tightly clutched in his hand.

Drake was very serious, it was the kind of seriousness that people describe as the calm before the storm. Hence, without wasting another second, Lionel took out his phone and dialed Katherines number.

Meanwhile, Katherine yelled carters ear off to drive at a lightning speed when she got a call from her man to meet him at the hospital. She wouldnt have been that upset if it wasnt for Lionel who kept the call very short. He couldnt say anything else before breaking down to tears as soon as he heard her voice. She just settled on saying Babe, meet me at Drakes hospital .ASAP.

He knew that he was being dramatic, but he couldnt help it. He was irrational with emotions overfilling his mind. He sat on a nearby chair as he put his face in his hands trying very hardly not to cry.

He couldnt imagine his life without Katherine. He knew that hed be lost as a puppy. He didnt want to lose her at any cost. Just as he was about to decide to force the answers out of his friend, he felt a soft touch on his shoulders.

He opened his eyes to see Katherine who was standing right in front of me with a blank face. She was pissed . You have two seconds to explain me what the fuck is happening before I hang you upside down by the balls. She said calmly.

She had confirmed that his mother and sister are safe. And by the looks of it, even her man was safe. Lionel knew that what she just said to him wasnt just a threat. It was a promise.

So he just settled on hugging her by the waist and letting the tears in his eyes fall out, and also, he decided to get his revenge on Drake for being a dramatic asshole. Can you please punch Drake for me? He said pointing at the door his friend just went in.

Katherine saw red as she wasted no time before she barged into Drakes cabin. As long as she was alive, she wouldnt let anybody hurt her man. She had promised that for herself.

She fisted her hands tight and grabbed the man in white coat that made her man cry and punched him hard.

Drake, who had no idea that he would receive a strong punch was chewing a pen which went straight to his throat.

***********************************************************************

1372 words