Chapter 36 -Answers

Ravi's POV

I was going through the files that my boss gave me to complete when the devil himself barged inside my office.

Shouldn't he be in the meeting with the capo? I thought.

"I'm such an idiot! I was looking for answers at the wrong place."He said pacing in my office.
I raised my eyebrow on question asking him to elaborate.

He sighed and sat in front of me. "While I was waiting for the Capo, I realized that I was looking for the answers in the wrong place. How is capo involved in my life? What if Alison meant Katherine when she said boss of all the bosses. Since she was actually very influential in corporate world." Lionel ranted.

"Wait!.... So you're telling me that you came back without meeting one of the most dangerous person after setting up a meeting with him?"I asked him in shock.

He just shrugged nonchalantly. The nerve of this asshole!

"Dude!.... Do you have any idea of what you've done? The capo will be pissed. If he wishes, he can kill you for this. Are you out of your damn mind? You're freaking insane.. "I started scolding him but he cut me off.

"Can you please chill for a sec?" He said. I pressed the bridge of my nose to calm down and sat in front of him, asking for answers.

"What I'm saying is that, I should quit being a pu... I mean a coward and get answers from Katherine directly." he declared proudly as if he had finally found the mystery of Bermuda triangle. I stared at him in shock. was this guy drunk? Because the last time i saw him he couldn't stand the thought of Katherine.Now after five years he suddenly wants answers about why she dumped him?

It is official. Mr.Lionel Lawson, the CEO of Lawson Inc. has gone insane due to heart break.I came out of my reverie when Lionel snapped his fingers in front of my face. I pushed his hand off my face. "Okay, before you start spiting out anymore trash out of your mouth,tell me something. What the freaking hell is wrong with you? Because the last time I saw you, you flipped at the mere mention of Katherine's name and acted like a girl on her period.Now you want answers from her about why she dumped your ass?" I questioned him.

He opened his mouth to say something but instead he just sighed,rubbing the bridge of his nose."To be honest, I want it to be a lie. I just want her to say that whatever she said that day was a lie." he said in a defeated tone.

I felt ashamed for snapping at him.Lionel is not just my boss. he is a friend. He is like a brother to me. Katherine's betrayal had destroyed him from the inside. No matter how much he tried to hide the pain from the rest of the world, I could see through his facade. To the world, he was just a multimillionaire player who takes home a different girl every night. But I knew that he was trying to forget about Kate. But the more he tried to forget her, the more he got his heart shattered.

"dude, you still love her don't you?" i asked him.

he opened his mouth to say the same bullshit he always says, "Hell no!II would never."

But i didn't let him speak "Don't you dare repeat that garbage about how you could never love anybody again." I warned him. He looked into my eyes,searching for truth in it.And hell yes!I was very seriously thinking about shoving his tongue down his throat if he lied again.

"I do....as much as I wan't to forget her,I can't....That's why i'm searching for answers.I wan't to hear the real reason from her mouth.Because every moment we spent with each other felt real.Hell I know it was real. Maybe she was lying.But I'm damn sure her eyes weren't. A person's eyes can never fake love."He said. His eyes held honesty,yearning,sadness and love,which was hidden deep within.

I let my gaze fall upon the sheet in front of him.A sheet in which meaningless words were scribbled messily.I read the first line out loud.

"Helpless cries of helpless souls" 

My mind wandered, searching for the meaning behind those words.

The word helpless repeating like a broken record in my mind.My brain told me that the word was very familiar to me.Its as if I had repeatedly seen it somewhere....like in a business conference.

That's when the light bulb went off in my mind."YES!"I jumped up.Feeling proud of getting an answer. Lio raised his eyes to meet mine.Looking at me as if I had gone bonkers all of a sudden.But it's not like I wouldn't really go bonkers from all the work stress I have.But that's the discussion for another time.

"What is it?"Lionel asked me.

"Do you know about the Charity Gala held next week to help the orphan children in South Africa?" I asked him to see if he would connect the dots. But guess what? This dumb lizard doesn't get it.As expected.

"Dude Xavier Corp. is one of the companies that donates huge amount for the helpless unfortunate children of South Africa every year.My sixth sense says,Katherine Xavier will be there this year." I declared proudly.

His eyes brightened like christmas lights on a new moon night."You have a point there.Maybe Alison was giving me an hint on where I can find her. But I seriously doubt on your sixth sense part...I mean....you don't even have common sense." The jerk said pissing me off

I threw a pen at him,aiming for his head but he caught it with surprisingly fast reflex and headed out  of my cabin laughing hard. He opened the door to my cabin and turned back to look at me.

"Oh I forgot to tell you,pack your bags slave,we're leaving tomorrow." He said with an arrogant smirk. I rolled my eyes at his slave comment.

"Where are we going?" I asked him with a bored tone. 

"South Africa" he said and shut the door behind him while leaving my office.

Hell no!

*******************************************************************************

1029 words