Chapter-49

Third Person POV -

Lionel stepped out of the plane in Spain with Katherine ahead of him. He silently cursed the harsh heat of Spain under his breath.

There was a team of bodyguards waiting for Katherine's arrival. But when Lionel noticed the one person who he hated with passion was also present among the group of bodyguards his mood worsened.

Kevin Min Sinclaire stood straight in a crisp suit to welcome his boss. As soon as he realised that Katherine was on her way to Spain, he didn't waste a single second to board a plane so that he could reach before she did.

Ryder was impressed by Kevin's eagerness. Kevin's face brightened when his eyes landed on Katherine but it was short lived when he noticed Lionel's arm wrapped around her waist. Though he managed to maintain a tight lipped smile.

Lionel and Kevin hated each other with every cell in their body. Moreover,the memory of their first meeting didn't help either.

Flashback :

Lionel was tired and frustrated with all the work that he had on his shoulders for the day. He quickly took a print out of the document and rushed to Katherine's cabin to get it signed. He had no time to waste by knocking,hence he just opened the door and walked in.

" Ms.Xavier, I wanted..." Words died down in his throat when his eyes landed on the man in front of him. This man was no stranger to him, although they had not met before.

Lionel knew that Kevin Min Sinclaire joined Xavier Corp as an intern. But soon, he earned Katherine's trust and became her personal assistant. He was very good at his job and became a valuable asset to the company.
Katherine was impressed by his work and dedication,so she made him the Vice President of X-Sway fabrics.

This was how Xavier Corp functioned. If you're talented, then no matter how small is your designation, you'll be promoted at a rapid pace.

But Kevin wasn't just a talented employee. He never missed a chance to kiss Katherine Xavier's ass. If Katherine said that earth is flat, Kevin would simply nod and say that she's right.

Kevin looked at Lionel in disgust.He glared at the man who disturbed his time with Katherine.
"Do you not know to enter a CEOs cabin? Have you ever heard of knocking?" He snarled at Lionel.

Lionel did not like the way he was questioned. If Kevin decided to be rude, Lionel was happy to return the favor. Lionel put up a bright smile on his face." Well,nobody actually meets the CEO without an appointment scheduled through the Personal assistant. I thought people knew the way things work around here. But maybe you didn't know that because you aren't a part of this office anymore. Am I right Mr.Eclair ? " He said, purposely getting his name wrong.

Katherine snorted trying to hide a chuckle while Kevin balled his fists and took a step towards Lionel "Why you little.." he spat towards the dmug looking Lionel but halted in his steps when he heard Katherine's voice.
"Kevin,you can proceed with the designs. I want the photoshoot to start as early as possible. And slso,next time inform Mr.Lawson before you meet me,so that he can clear the schedule." She said going back to the files in front of her,after smoothly dismissing 'Kevin kiss ass Eclair' .

Kevin looked like he almost had steam blowing out of his ears. While Lionel just walked past him smugly. He knew that he had a long lecture waiting for him on how he should be knocking before entering her cabin after Mr. Kiss ass left. But the fact that Katherine dismissed Kevin as soon as he was about to pounce on him made Lionel jump in joy inside his mind.

End of flashback-

Kevin greeted Katherine with a bright smile. But Katherine was confused by his presence in Spain.
" Aren't you supposed to be in South Africa?" She questioned him as soon as she reached him.
Kevin knew he would have to expect that question,so he lied smoothly just like he had prepared.
" Ms.Xavier, Ryder said that you wanted to meet me Spain." He said throwing Ryder under the bus.