Chapter 44

Third person POV -

Kevin MinSinclaire rubbed his tired eyes after hours of signing documents and approving the new designs of X-Sway Fabrics,  which was one of the product lines of Xavier co.

It had been three years since Kevin was promoted as the Vice-president of X-Sway Fabrics. Unlike people think, he didn't get this position because of his drop dead gorgeous looks or by sleeping with his boss, Ms. Katherine Xavier. It took him a decade of hard work and passion to become the vice-president.

And right there on his desk, stood a photo frame which held the picture of the person who was the motivation for his success. Kevin's day started and ended with the picture of this woman whose mere picture could dominate any person that looked at it.

Kevin's eyes roamed the picture and he muttered her name under his breath.  "Ms. Xavier".

It was a picture he captured with his favourite camera,which was gifted by Katherine few years ago. He smiled at the thought of how Katherine smirked in arrogance while the picture was being taken. Everytime he gazed at it her dominating aura overtook his senses. He sighed and turned his attention back to the files in front of him. Much to his dismay, the files were not going to sign itself.

Just then, the door to his office banged open and Ryder Gonzalez strolled in casually like he owned the place and sat in front of him making himself comfortable on the plush leather chair.

Though Kevin hated Ryder's guts he tolerated his antics. Because Ryder was one of the trusted men and second in command to Katherine. And if Katherine found someone or something important, it was automatically important to Kevin.

"Looks like you're enjoying work. " Ryder mocked Kevin sarcastically taking in his tired face. Ryder knew that Kevin wanted a work that would involve being around Katherine the whole day. But Katherine trusted Kevin to manage X-Sway Fabrics.

Though Kevin was excited about his promotion, he was dissapointed to learn that he should stay in South Africa where X-Sways head office is situated and he had to manage the company in Katherine's absence.
Kevin grunted his response. But he widened his eyes as realisation dawned on him. Ryder smirked as he anticipated his question.

"Is Ms. Xavier here? I mean in South Africa? " Kevin asked as his previously tired eyes gleamed with hope. Kevin was not going to miss any chance that he got to be in Katherine's presence.

"Why else would I be here? You know, wherever boss goes ,I go with her. " Ryder answered his question with mischief glinting in his eyes. Kevin didn't miss that look Ryder had in his eyes. He realised that the Beta had something up his sleeve.

"Spill it Ryder. " Kevin snapped in annoyance. He was way too tired for Ryder's antics.

"Well, Ms. Xavier will be leaving to Spain in probably.... " Ryder looked at his Rolex that sat on his wrist. "in seventy minutes. " he completed his sentence with an arrogant smirk that Kevin always wanted to wipe off.

"What?! " Kevin almost shouted.
"Since how long has she been here? "He asked Ryder, pissed that he didn't inform him earlier.

"Few days" Ryder answered casually pissing Kevin further more.

"And why didn't you tell me Ryder? " Kevin asked him trying to lower his frustration.

"Oh you know the usual, I was busy dealing with the Russians and now that Mr. Lionel Lawson is with the boss, Im in charge of his safety. " Ryder said sneakily anticipating for Kevin to blow up.

Kevin stilled at the mention of Lionel's name. Kevin was heart broken when five years ago he learned that Katherine was in a relationship with Lionel.

But he was relieved when Katherine dumped him like she dumped all the men that were in her life. Kevin also knew that though Katherine broke up with Lionel, she always had a special place for him in her heart. But Kevin never lost hope.

Kevin knew that his love for Katherine Xavier is stronger than any man that could come between them. But somewhere in his heart there was this nagging feeling that urged him to make his move before Lionel could snatch her away from him again.

But this time, Kevin was not going to sit idly while Lionel charmed Katherine. Kevin knew how to impress her. He decided to take matters into his hands. He decided to surprise Katherine, in Spain.
***************************
754 words.

It's just a filler chapter. I just wanted to introduce you to the new character. Hope you guy's like it.