Chapter-41

Lionel's POV

I landed hard on my elbow when Katherine jumped on me. But all my brain registered was Mandy's dead body lying next to me on the ground. The woman I loved and adored was a murderer. And she looked like this isn't her first kill. My throat suddenly went dry as soon as my mind registered the severity of the situation. A murder happened right in front of my eyes and I'm an eyewitness.
My vision blurred and I felt myself slipping out of consciousness when Katherine tried to pull me by my arm in vain.

"Argh!... Stop staring at the corpse and get your fat ass up Lionel! " Katherine snapped at me. I turned my head around to look at her so quickly that I almost had a whiplash but still managed to glare at her.

I jerked my arm out of her grip and got up trying to look around where the bullet from. I don't remember pissing off someone so much that they want to take my life.
"If you're done thinking and frowning hurry up. We have to leave. " she said snapping me out of my thoughts. She grabbed my arm again to pull me to god knows where. But I jerked it back again. I was not going anywhere with her. She can't kill a woman in front of my eyes and ask me to come with her. I needed an explanation and I was not going to move an inch.

"Don't touch me! " I seethed at her. "Care to explain what just happened here Ms. Xavier? You just killed a person in front of my eyes and somebody just tried to shoot me... What the hell is happening here?" I asked her which just earned a blank stare from her.

"Well, you just said what happened here... What else do you want me to explain other than the fact that we have to leave before somebody arrives and catches us red handed?" She asked me. Is she even serious right now. I opened my mouth to give a piece of my mind to her but she grabbed her phone and began furiously typing before putting the device to her ear. Within a few seconds I heard a faint whisper of somebody's voice from the phone.

"Carter! Change of plans. Get the clean up crew to the west side balcony on the first floor. I have Lionel with me. " She said in hushed tone. She didn't give a chance for Carter to reply before disconnecting the call and threw her phone into a purse that I never knew she had it in the first place. Where was that damn thing when I kissed her? Or when I pinned her against the railing? I thought hard but looks like my mind had not registered the thing at all.

"You like it? It's a latest collection of Louis Vuitton." she said looking at me amused with a small smile on the corner of her lips. Which I would have missed if I hadn't observed carefully.
"Uh.... What?!! " I asked her to elaborate on what she meant. I didn't know why she was talking about her stupid purse at a time like this.
"You were staring at my purse Lionel! " She said with her eyebrows raised. I suddenly remembered that I was indeed thinking about her purse a minute ago. I felt my cheeks heat up with embarrassment. I opened my mouth to cover up my idiocy with an equal amount of stupid explanation ready in my brain. But her expression suddenly turned serious and she grabbed my hand again. " We don't have much time before the clean up arrives. Come with me." She snapped and tried to pull me with her but I didn't move an inch.

"I'm not coming anywhere with you. " I said firmly. I'm not a fool to follow a murderer into god knows where. She glared at me with a murderous expression on her face. Her grip on my hand suddenly tightened to the point where it started to hurt. "Wow, you're so funny Mr. Lawson. But I was not seeking your permission. You are coming with me. Willingly or not. We can do this my way or the hard way. " she seethed gritting her teeth. My eyes widened from her threat. It was scary and sexy at the same time.

She turned around to leave while she still had death grip on my hand but halted as soon as she took a step. I averted my eyes following her line of sight only to see Ravi pointing a gun at Katherine with a serious look on his face. By the way he held the gun, I could sense that he has done this before.
"It's not very nice to kidnap people Ms. Bitch Xavier. He said that he's not interested in coming with you. " Ravi warned with a dangerous tone that sent chills up my spine.
On the other hand, Katherine was dangerously calm. But by the way her hand that held mine turned cold, I knew that she was tensed. Her body posture was alert. But her face didn't give away anything.