Epilogue

Niall Horan:

My pub and inn have been busy lately. For some reason, many more people have been making trips down to Crookhaven and the only place they have to stay is here at my inn. A lot of people are tourists and there are some locals that I guess have decided to take a road trip through Ireland. Before, most people would just drive past this small town and we would just go by unnoticed, but it seems as though something has changed. There are also many more people coming here for their dining needs from the town itself. Before, I would only have my usuals coming in, and beside that, I would rarely see any new faces.

Whatever the reason for the sudden boost in business, doesn’t really matter much; I’m just glad to say that Crookhaven's is doing better than ever.

Since the boost of business, I’ve also had to hire new workers. I basically got my same older workers that I once had before; mainly because they already knew what to do, and for the most part, they were all still unemployed. I promised them a change this time, hoping, of course, that I could fulfill it. Since I had all the extra help in the bar, I went back to my original place, the kitchen.

I cooked for most of the people that came through the bar unless I was feeling like doing something else or didn’t feel like doing anything at all. I could finally take a well deserved break. I could finally call in sick and have someone cover for me. I could finally do anything that I wanted and nobody would be around to complain about it.

I’ve taken a couple days off and also just sat back other days to see how things were going. I liked to observe the surroundings and the workers, but I also don’t like sitting around all the time doing nothing. Today wasn’t one of those days where I could just sit around even if I wanted to. Today was my busiest day by far, so I had to help out and we all had to step up our game to ensure that everything ran smoothly without any complications. Up to this point, I had nothing but good reviews and compliments. And I had intended on keeping it that way.

“Erm… Ni- Niall, umm a...” I heard James, one of my waiters trying to speak.

“What is it James? I’m busy.”

“Uh well, a customer said the chicken is umm dry…” he said rather quickly I almost didn’t understand.

“The chicken is not dry! Take it back to them.”

“No, they said its dry and they want another,” I didn’t even let him finish his sentence before I walked out of the kitchen to find out who this person was.

“Alright who said my chicken was dry? You should all know very well that my chicken is never dry and that you most definitely should never send any food back to my kitchen!” I said sternly looking at everyone. Most people either looked away from my uncomfortable stare, or they shook their heads frantically. “Was it you? Or maybe it was you? Who was it?” I asked each person around me purposely.

“It was me.” I heard a very familiar voice say behind me. I couldn’t tell if it was reality, or if it was just my head playing games like it has done many times in the past. I turned around very slowly unsure of what to expect.

Amy Farrington:

I know I shouldn’t be thinking about anyone beside Connor, but I just, I can’t. I can’t stop thinking about Niall and whatever it is he is doing. I mean, I wish I could call him, but I don’t even have his number.

I am just so confused. I don’t know what to do. I don’t know what to say. I just don’t know. So many things are going through my head right now. I’m not even sure I know what I want to do anymore.

What if Connor was right? What if there’s no one better for me than someone like me?

“Look Amy, I don’t know. But I know that you know that we belong together. You know that. I’m pretty sure you won’t find anyone else out there in the world like me. I’m sure you won’t find anyone who could make you happy like I could. We make sense together. And honestly, I have no idea why you’re questioning me about this, but I’m sure of what I’m telling you.”