Chapter 6

"What do you mean there are no ferries to Cork?"

"Well, like they probably told you at the airport, the weather seems to be getting worse. It will be clearing out by tomorrow or the day after."

"I need to be in Dublin by tonight. So let's just figure something out and get me a ferry to Ireland today. Right now."

"I'm sorry, we cannot do that."

"Well fine. I'll find my own boat ride to Ireland then."

** ** **

"Thank you sir for giving me a ride to Cork on your boat."

"Yeah about that were going to have to stop elsewhere. There is just no way I can make it to Cork. Not in this storm. We can't make it without the boat turning over. And, the waters have diverted us passed Cork now."

"But," I began saying as the waves went over and landed all over the boat. "Well alright, that's fine. I guess."

"Perfect."

I'm may not be able to make it to Dublin as quickly as I had hoped, but at least I'll be in Ireland. Then all I really have to do is get a train, and I will hopefully be there by morning.

"Excuse me sir, where exactly are you leaving me? Because I don't really see much of anything here. There hardly looks like there are any homes."

"I'm not really sure; you'll have to ask one of the locals. I just cannot take you anywhere else. It's not safe. I wish the best and good luck in getting to Dublin, and with your proposal as well."

"Alright, thank you."

I cannot believe I have to get to shore from here. This town seems to be so small that it doesn't even have a damn port. At least, not on this end of the beach shore. 

I've got to walk through the water a bit and then through the shore since there seems to be no pathway either. I hope my shoes don't get ruined.

I walked into the small village looking for any sign of life. Everything seemed to be closed. Everyone seemed to be in doors. There was nobody out and about. There was nobody to ask where I was, or how I could get to Dublin.

I looked around for a sign with the village name, but found nothing. I looked around for a train track or even a bus stop, but again, I saw nothing. I wondered how it was that anyone left this place, but figured they probably never did.

Soon, I came across a building that seemed to be opened. A bar. Of course.

Crookhaven's 

I walked over to the entrance of the pub and hoped that someone would be able to help me. I found myself walking into a pub full of only men and only one bartender. As I walked in, everyone turned to face me. I'm assuming that it's because everyone that is usually there, was already there.

"Hi, I was hoping to get some help."

I heard a few of the guys on one side of the pub whispering loudly, "she's Australian."

"No, English of course."

"No, she's Italian."

"Actually, she's American. I'm Amy, from Los Angeles. I was actually wondering if anyone could tell me where I am, and how I could get to Dublin. Is there a train, or a bus, or something?" I said with a hopeful smile.

"No," one of them said.

No, no what?

I had confusion etched on my face as I turned to face the only sober man in the bar, the bartender. He looked young about my age maybe, give or take a few years. I'm not sure.

He had blonde hair, which I could definitely tell wasn't natural because his dark brown roots were beginning to show. His blue eyes were very prominent and beautiful; it was difficult not to look straight into them.

"Could you help me?" I asked him hoping he would give me an answer that actually made sense.