Chapter 12

“Fuck.”

“What the fuck just happened? Why is the car slowing down and why does it seem so lopsided all of a sudden?” I asked Niall as I tried figuring out what had happened on my own.

Niall tried pulling over to the side of the road as much as he could, but there was really no way of doing so, since there were multiple things growing. I don’t know it kind of looked like a corn field on the side we were on, but I could definitely be mistaken. I probably am, but anyway, it’s not like he’d be blocking the road from anyone really. We haven’t seen another car since we left Crookhaven. So there is probably no problem with him stopping in the middle of the road.

He got out of the car without saying a word. Naturally, I got out as well. If there was something wrong with the car, I didn’t want to be stuck inside.

“Are you kidding me? We have a flat tire. Fuck.” He said angrily.

I mean, I don’t understand why he’s making such a big deal about it. All he has to do is put the spare on it… Unless he doesn’t have one. I wouldn’t be too surprised if he didn’t.

“Please tell me you have a spare in the trunk or something.” I said as I walked over to the front of the car.

“No,” he said.

“What the fuck Niall; how do you not have a spare tire? What do you do when you need to change it other times?”

“I don’t. Crookhaven is a small town. We walk. I haven’t had to change the tires on this car in years. And the spare tire was really unnecessary and only taking up space. So I took it out. I didn’t think I would ever need it. Now I’ve got to call someone to fix it,” he said as he stared at the tire in hopes that it would fix itself.

“Well yeah, you’ve got to get this fixed. And maybe you should think about carrying the spare fucking tire next time. Alright?” I said as I leaned on the car trying to sit back a bit.

One second, I was sitting on the car, and the next, I was on the floor. What the fuck?

“Baby!” Nialled yelled out, and for a second, I thought he was talking to me, but I knew he couldn't be.

I slowly got up and turned around, “Oh shit. Why is the car rolling down the hill?”

“You pushed it! We have to stop it! Oh no. Don’t hurt yourself baby. Oh no no no. Fuck Amy, you see what you did!” He said in a rushed tone, so rushed that it was barely understandable.

“What I did? How is this my fault?” I yelled towards him as we chased after the car.

At one point, Niall even jumped onto the hood, like that would even do anything. When he couldn’t stop it, he just froze staring off at it. When I reached Niall, the car fell into a pit like area of the farm we were currently located at.

“This is your fault for leaning on it. Now, we’ve got to pay someone to not only fix the flat tire, but to tow it out. That going to cost at least 200 euro, and I’m not going to pay for it. You are.”

“What makes you think that I’ll pay for it? This isn’t my fault. You should have put the parking break. I mean, who doesn’t put their parking break when they stop on a fucking hill! Come on Niall; that’s common sense! Wait, let me guess. This car doesn’t have a functioning parking break does it? I would really hope it did, but I wouldn’t be surprised if it didn’t.”

“Shut up, you’re going to pay for this.”

“I’m not paying. Get my bag out and let’s go. I want to get as far away from that death trap as possible.” I said.

He gave me my bags and I began walking off in the direction we were driving.

“Where are you going?” he asked when he realized I was walking away.

“To Dublin. I’m going to get there with or without your car, so I’m going now.”

“Wait! All we have to do is call for help as soon as we find a phone.” He said as he ran after me.