Chapter 3

**One Week Later**

Amy Farrington

So I'm still home. I didn't end up buying a ticket to Ireland after all. Really, there's no point in doing so. Connor is coming back before the 29th, and well, I can't really propose to him in Dublin, if he isn't there anymore.

I told my mom, and for some strange reason, she got mad again. She said I was just making excuses, but really, I'm not. It's not my fault that he was going to be gone for 2 weeks and not the entire month.

Conner called me when he had landed to tell me that he had arrived safely. I haven't heard much from him since then, but I know it's because there is a big time difference, and he's pretty busy with his family.

My dad came home and decided it was time for a vacation; and so, he and my mom went off, to who knows where, and left me behind. I really didn't mind cause I wouldn't want to go with them, but they did; they wanted me to go. They tried convincing me that it was important to have time together; but I mean, if they really meant that, then they would make time to hang out, or even just talk to me while they were home. They don't necessarily do that, so I told them I would rather stay home. Besides, Connor is coming home this week, and they were going to be gone for, at least, two weeks, if not more. So I decided to stay home.

I was enjoying my time alone, and I was glad they were gone. I was beyond excited that Connor would be back by the end of the week. I've missed him far more than I've ever missed anyone in my entire life.

**Later That Week**

Connor Fitzpatrick:

I haven't found the time to call Amy, and let her know that I'm not going home just yet. My parents want to stay longer than only just two weeks; and they made it pretty clear that they don't want me to go home because they don't really trust me to be home alone.

Amy really isn't going to be happy at all. She's going to be extremely upset with me. I don't blame her. I would be too.

I don't want to call her at a time that I know she will be awake, because I don't want to hear her constant whines begging me to go home. I know she wants me to, but she should know that I can't really do anything about that. I can't go home even if I wanted to. She kind of panics when things don't go her way; and I don't want to deal with that right now. She's a bit of a pain when that happens.

She's probably still thinking that I'm going to arrive tomorrow. And she's most likely already sleeping because she will want to be fully energized for when I arrive. I will probably end up disappointing her, but there really is nothing that I can do about it. My mom said that we might be staying 3 weeks longer than expected.

I'll call her right now. I just hope she's sleeping. I mean, she should be. It's about to be 3 am in Los Angeles.

"Hey, you've reached Amy; can't get to the phone now, please leave me your name, number, and message; I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thank you."

Perfect, I got her voice mail like I wanted.

"Hey babe! I know you're expecting me tomorrow, but there's been a change in plans. Unfortunately, my mom and dad want to extend the trip for another three weeks, give or take a few days. I tried to convince them into letting me go home, but you know my parents, they don't think it's a good idea for me to be home alone. So I won't be seeing you for another three weeks. It really sucks, I know, but it'll be okay. These three weeks will go by quick, and before you know it, I'll be back in LA. By the way, do you like how I'm picking up on the Irish accent a bit? Probably not, I sound ridiculous, so I'll stop. Okay well, I have to go; I'm sorry if I've disappointed you, but I'll make it up to you, I promise. Happy belated Valentine's Day, and happy eight year anniversary babe. I love you. I'll see you soon. Bye."

With that I hung up. Good enough, I think.

Amy Farrington:

**One missed call**

**One new voicemail**

Who could have possibly called me in the middle of the night? Everyone knows that I love my sleep and that I won't ever wake up to answer a call; so they just shouldn't call, unless, they don't mind talking to my voicemail.

Conner.

He was probably calling to let me know that he was getting on the plane, and that he'll be here sooner than soon.

"Hey babe! I know you're expecting me tomorrow, but there's been a change in plans. Unfortunately, my mom and dad want to extend the trip for another three weeks, give or take a few days. I tried to convince them into letting me go home, but you know my parents, they don't think it's a good idea for me to be home alone. So I won't be seeing you for another three weeks. It really sucks, I know, but it'll be okay. These three weeks will go by quick, and before you know it, I'll be back in LA. By the way, do you like how I'm picking up on the Irish accent a bit? Probably not, I sound ridiculous, so I'll stop. Okay well, I have to go; I'm sorry if I've disappointed you, but I'll make it up to you, I promise. Happy belated Valentine's Day, and happy eight year anniversary babe. I love you. I'll see you soon. Bye."

Well then... I cannot believe this. I was really looking forward to seeing Connor. I'm not even kidding I thought he would be here by the end of the day; now I have to wait another three weeks. I want that ring. I've been getting nagged by my mom for far too long already. I have to see him. I have to go to Ireland.

I got onto my laptop and decided it wouldn't hurt to check out these so called "Leap Day traditions."

After about 2 hours of reading articles and watching videos, I gave up. At first, I thought this was ridiculous. I thought I would never do anything remotely crazy like that. I never thought I would do something completely out of the ordinary like this. Especially, when I haven't planned it. I don't normally do anything without planning. That's even what I do for a job. But I have plenty of time. I'll make a plan within an hour, and I will be ready for Ireland. I'm sure Connor will be excited about me surprising him.

I checked the flights to Ireland and called my mom beforehand letting her know that I was going to be leaving as soon as possible. I knew she would be ecstatic about it, but wouldn't really care much for the details. I really only called to let her know that I was going to use the family credit card to book the flight because of the frequent flyer points they have accumulated. I also called the girls as well to let them know about my plans. They came over soon after.

The next flight to Ireland wasn't for another week. Today is the 16th and the flight that I had booked wasn't leaving until the 24th. There would be a day stop in London after the ten hour flight. From there, I would wait until the next morning to board the flight to Dublin. With all that said, I should be in Dublin, Ireland by noonish on the 25th. I can't wait.