Chapter 25

I love taking part in celebrating someone's love in the form of a wedding or vow renewals. I think it's even more perfect when it is someone that you don't know in any way, because you can see just how much they care for each other. It's nice to see, and I have never seen anyone look at each other the way these two are. I haven't even seen my parents look at each other that way.

The thing that made it absolutely certain that they were in love was her speech. It was short and simple. But it was to the point, and very, very cute. I knew that they were brought together, for a reason, I knew it. They were meant to be together and from the looks of it, they are very happy.

Her speech though, made me smile. It was adorable. 

May you never steal, lie, or cheat, but if you must steal, then steal away my sorrows, and if you must lie, lie with me all the nights of my life, and if you must cheat, then please cheat death because I couldn't live a day without you.

That is just perfect, and honestly, it's the only thing that has been replaying in my mind the entire time we've been here.

We were only still here, because I actually went to congratulate them. She questioned who we were, and then we had a very long conversation about her and her husband, then me and Connor, and the reason I was here in Ireland. She was so excited that she invited us to stay for the reception as well. She mentioned that she would have her brother drive us to the station as soon as the reception was over, and so I gladly agreed. Niall wasn't too excited about staying here. He mentioned that we should just keep walking, and that it was only just another three to four hours away. Since I said no, I haven't really seen him. He kind of got up and walked away after the bride gave her speech, and well, I've tried finding him, but he was nowhere in sight.

** ** **

"What is your problem anyway? I only wanted to have a good time and you seemed like a fun guy." I heard a girl yell from behind the nearest corner. I walked towards the corner to see what was going on. Mostly to see if she was in any sort of danger or needed any sort of help.

As I neared the corner, I heard who she was yelling at.

"Well you thought wrong! I would never have sex with a slut; no matter how hot you are. I won't do it," he attempted to yell back, but it came out as a bit of a loudish slur. It was barely understandable.

"Niall, what the fuck is your problem?" I questioned sternly as the girl walked past me quickly to get back to the party.

I caught I quick glimpse of her. She looked like she was about 16 or even 17 years of age, but definitely not older than that. She had a mixed facial expression. It was somewhat upset, but angry, and a bit relieved all at once. It confusing, but I just ignored it. I also noticed that she was actually very beautiful. She looked flawless in her dress. And she had this sort of natural beauty to her. I mean, I could see she had make up, although, she applied it in a way I know she hoped people thought was natural. Many people probably believed it was, but I did catch it. Needless to say, she was drop dead gorgeous. And honestly, she looked very innocent, so that brings the question to mind, why did Niall just call her a slut? She seems like the exact opposite of that.

"There's no problem with me, Amy dear."

Amy dear? What the heck?

"Are you... Are you drunk?" I said as he got closer and closer by the second.

"So what if I am?"

"Oh wow, you should really sober up. Where have you been? Why did you disappear?"

"Look, I don't like weddings. I never go to any of them... Ever. So now that you've forced me to attend this one, I had to find a way to get through it with my sanity still intact." He said.

"Well, you need to sober up. You know, I really don't understand you. I mean, you never go to weddings? I don't know how it's even possible, I love weddings, but then again, you always have to disagree with me. What's with this whole bitter attitude towards love and anything that goes along with it? Honestly, it seems like you've been in love and maybe even planned a whole wedding, but then you were left at the alter or something."

"Yeah, something like that. You figured it all out. Great job." He said bitterly; although I saw a certain kind of sadness within his eyes.

"Oh shit... seriously? I'm so sorry. I didn't think I was going to be right. I'm so sorry Niall. Nobody should have to go through that. Do you, eh, do you want to talk about it?"

"Fuck no. This isn't fucking America, you know. We don't talk about our feelings here, we drink." He said angrily once more.

"Well then, you must be hurting a lot since you've obviously been drinking a little bit too much."

"Why do you have to ruin everything by talking? Fuck." He said as he pulled me towards the party. "Hey, you wanna dance?"

"No." I answered far too quickly.

"What do you mean no? Don't you ever do anything fun?"

"Yes, I do, but I don't dance. I don't know how, and I definitely wouldn't know how to dance any of this music. So no."

"C'mon, dance with me. Let your hair down and live a little." He said as he pulled me onto the dance floor.

"But, Ni-"

"I'm not taking no for an answer, Amy, so let's go."

"Umm, okay," I said knowing I had no other choice.

** ** **

Author's Note: I doubt Niall would ever call a girl a slut. Honestly, I can't see him doing anything like that, but I wrote it cause he's drunk and for the most people generally say things they normally wouldn't when they're drunk. So yeah... okay well I'm going to bed soon. I hope you enjoyed this chapter.