Step 24: WANT him

I woke up the next day, blissfully unaware of the events that were going to unfold. But no one decided it was important to tell me a simple but crucial piece of information. And I was surprised that even Ivy didn't reveal it herself as she was a b*tch. Ethan and I made it to the huge ballroom in the hotel which was going to be used for the wedding. It was already prepared, the chairs in place and a huge white arch with fake ivy running up it at the front. According to Ethan, the reception was going to be a Luau on the other side of the island.

Despite what happened the day before, we were back to our usual behaviour towards each other, acting as if nothing had happened. People were walking in and out of the ballroom, getting ready for the rehearsal as if it was the real thing. There were more people than I thought and I felt so out of place I didn't bother trying to introduce myself. Ethan led me the back of the room and sat down. He patted the seat beside him.

"Sit," he ordered.

"Do I look like a dog?" I grumbled but did as he said. Everyone was waiting for Victoria who was putting on her fake wedding dress. I didn't understand the need but I guess when you're rich you can afford to do that.

Out of nowhere, Victoria's soon-to-be-husband came towards us, smiling. "Ethan, you need to go to the back with Ivy. You two are going to be at the end before Victoria comes."

"I'll go now." Ethan got up to go but I grabbed onto his shirt holding him back. The look in my eyes caused him to sigh. "What is it?"

"I feel like I'm missing something. You and Ivy? Did I hear correctly?"

"I'm the best man. She's the maid of honour. That's it."

"You know, in most books, the best man and the maid of honour end up together," I pointed out.

"However, like I've said countless of times, I don't have any feelings for her so you can stop being acting like a jealous girlfriend."

"I'm not jealous," I huffed, crossing my arms. "In fact, go. I don't care."

He stared at me for a moment then went to out the doors at the back. I wasn't jealous. I couldn't be as we weren't together but I could shake off the uneasy feeling I had when I imagined Ivy's painted claws holding onto Ethan as they walked-

"I need a drink," I announced to no one. Getting up, I made my way towards the bar. As I got closer, I noticed the waiter from the day before.

"Hey, model," he said grinning as soon as he noticed me.

I waved. "Hi, Drew."

"What do you want to drink today?"

"Anything."

"Margarita okay?" I nodded. He poured the liquid into a glass. "It's weird how you know my name but I have no idea what yours is."

"I'm Ashley."

Drew smiled then mouthed it. "Hmm. It suites you."

"I'm glad."

The traditional wedding song started playing. I turned briefly but turned back, rolling my eyes. Drew laughed at reaction. "You don't seem fond of weddings."

"It's not that I don't like them. It's just that they may not work out in the long term."

"Bad experience?" he guessed.

"My mother got married to my biological father but he left the second he found out my mom was pregnant again with me," I admitted, shrugging lightly. My father was a p*ssy to be honest.

"I'm sorry."

"It worked out in the end," I added. "My mom remarried to my dad and he's the best thing that's happened to our family." Drew suddenly looked uncomfortable and looked like he was blushing. I raised an eyebrow. "Are you okay?"

"I...was wondering...since you're not, you know, with anyone...if I could have your number?"

"No," a cold voice answered for me. A shadow fell across the table and I noticed the wedding music had stopped. I didn't even need to look behind me to know who it was. Drew 's face had turned pale and he looked ready to run, immediately telling me it was Ethan.

"Ethan," I started but he cut me off with a hard stare.

"No, Ashley. I really don't want to hear it." His gaze landed on Drew. "Don't talk to her again or you'll end up without a job."

"Seriously?" I protested.

"Yes, sir," Drew muttered.

Ethan's hand slipped into mine and he dragged me away from the bar. Everyone watched us leave, wondering what was going on. Ivy, also, stared with a frown on her face. We reached the beach before Ethan slowed down. I ripped my hand from his grasp. "Ethan, what the f*ck?"

He folded his arms and I did the same, not wanting to be intimidated by him. "Can you stop flirting with him?" he spat.

"Flirting? Flirting is when you're  talking to the person you're attracted to. He was barely even a friend," I scoffed.

"Are you sure? To me, it seemed like you were trying to get back at me."

"Well, guess what? It's not about you," I said, my voice dripping with sarcasm.

"I know that."

"Then why are you acting like the jealous boyfriend?"

"I'm not."

"Yes, you are."

"Not."

"Are."

"I'm not fighting over this."

I sighed. Things were becoming complicated. "We need to set boundaries."

"For what?"

"For whatever this is," I growled, pointing between the both of us. "You don't like me talking to other guys so you can't either."

"I can't talk to guys?"

I glared. "Don't test me, Ethan."

He raised his hands in surrender. "Fine. No talking to girls. Also, if your going to f*ck other people do it discreetly."

"That won't  be a problem for me. You're the one whose known as a playboy."

Ethan glowered at me. "I'm not a playboy."

"If you say so."

"No staying over with the opposite sex."

"No kissing other people."

"So I can only kiss you?" Ethan had a slight smirk causing me to punch him.

"F*ck you."

"If you want to, just say the word."

My mouth dropped into a perfect O and my cheeks turned hot. "I... You... What the...I hate you!" I snarled before stomping off with the sound of Ethan laughter following me.

#

I wasn't going to update but you lot deserve it.

300 reads in a day? I love you lot so damn much.

All your comments just make my day even if you just say hi. (Yes, I read them when I can)

This may not have been the most interesting chapter BUT it is important for later...

XO Nyx