Step 6: HIT him

May and I left the café the second our shift was over. It was dark and I, being the amazing friend I am, offered to let May stay over in my apartment. I predicted that Diana would eventually somehow find out and would start calling me so left my phone on silent. We walked slowly, talking about minor things until May decided to bring up Ethan.

"So, I see you managed to find a guy not in your family tree," she said with an eyebrow raised.

"Yeah, he's the billionaire guy I was talking about on the phone," I replied, not looking at her.

"What?!" May grabbed my shoulders, forcing me to face her. Her mouth was open with shock. "But how?"

I shrugged. "Harassment and willpower."

"You must be the craziest friend I've ever had. Are you two dating yet?"

"He called me a whore, does that count?"

"What?!" May yelled again. She was drawing more attention that was desired. I moved out of her grip and continued walking, leaving her to catch up with me.

"It's fine. I have a plan B."

"To land in prison? Listen, he obviously seems annoyed with you. Can't you find a new guy? Maybe Matthew?"

I gave her a face of disgust. "You do realize he's a pervert."

"True but I don't like this guy if he's calling you a whore when he barely knows you and the fact you could pass as a virgin," she muttered the final part but I heard it.

"I am not a virgin," I said defensively, placing my hands on my hips. Pedestrians around us began complaining as we both suddenly stopped walking. May imitated me by coping my posture.

"You act like it," she argued.

"How the f*ck do I act like it?"

"You don't do anything!"

"So, that makes me a virgin?"

"In your case, yes."

"That makes no sense!"

May paused. Then, her eyebrows furrowed. "...You're right."

"Of course, I am. There isn't a way to act like a virgin. Duh."

We stared at each other for a moment then burst out laughing. I grabbed her wrist and dragged her the rest of the way. We were still giggling as we went up the lift, stumbling as if we were drunk. I fished out my keys from my bag and unlocked my door but what I saw immediately sobered me in seconds.

My apartment didn't look trashed, in fact it almost looked the same but as the owner I could sense someone had come in before. The lamp was slightly out of place and one of the cupboards were open. My fists clenched. Only one human I knew had the power to get inside with no key and without breaking in. May obviously didn't understand what was going on so made herself at home. Then I remembered what or who was the cause of this. I ran to my bedroom and went onto my hands and knees, searching for the piece of paper.

"F*ck. F*ck. F*ck him!" I growled in frustration. I went online then dialed the number to his company, praying someone could direct me to him.

"Hello?" a bored voice mumbled.

"Could I talk to Ethan Holt?"

"That's not in my department."

"Can you direct me to a department that can help?"

"'Kay."

The phone played an outdated song for five minutes before another person picked up. "Hello. How can I help ya?"

"Can I talk to Ethan Holt?" I repeated.

"The CEO? Well, I'm sorry but I can't help you."

"Then who can?"

"I'll direct you to them now."

The process continued again and again until I finally reached his secretary and by then I was fed up.

"Good evening. Who is this may I ask?"

"This is Ashley. Ethan's girlfriend."

The female voice gasped. "H-his girlfriend?"

"Yes. Now, can I talk to the son-of-a-b*tch?"

"He's not here but I can book you an appointment."

"Fine. Tomorrow 1 pm." I hung up before she could confirm it with me.

*****

I wore my favorite black heels that was saved for emergencies and this was one. My plan was almost extinct and I had to use my womanly charm to persuade him to date me which is why I was wearing a matching black bodycon dress with thin straps, attempting to show off the little figure I had. My small purse was large enough to hold everything I would need to make him listen to me. I shrugged on my suit jacket and went outside to hail a cab. Once I got inside one, I went over my speech.

"I would like to make a deal with you or I will f*cking expose you," I recited. The driver looked at me, slightly creeped out and I smiled in response. His face told me if I continued, I would have to walk to my meeting.

He pulled up in front of a tall building with Holt Enterprise written clearly on a black marble sign in gold letters. I paid the driver then climbed out, looking at the place with awe. Serious people walked in and out with purpose making me feel out of place. I clicked the back of my heels together like Dorothy then strode inside. It was even worse. Everything screamed rich, powerful and sharp so loud I almost covered my ears.

After asking multiple people about where Ethan could be located, I made it to his floor. A stunning secretary sat at the entrance of the elevator, where I came out, answering phone calls and looking pretty at the same time. Her clothes looked expensive unlike my own but I reminded myself that I had something even more valuable in my purse.

"I would like to talk to Ethan," I demanded.

She looked at me with the same scrutiny Ethan gave me. "You don't have an appointment."

"How would you know?"

"Name."

"Ashley."

She clicked then rolled her eyes. "You don't have one."

"I called yesterday."

"Oh. You're that girl. Mr. Holt told me to ignore it as you aren't his girlfriend." I could hear the glee in her voice as she said I wasn't his girlfriend.

I slammed my hands on the table and glared at her. "Unless you want me to start screaming, you better tell me where he is."

Fear filled her eyes and she pointed towards a door further down the corridor. I smirked triumphantly then went towards it. I knocked and it opened. Ethan looked down at me and I stared at him but anger surged through me.

And I punched him.

#

Go Ashley!

I honestly don't know how to describe her personality XD Anyway, I am currently flirting with laptop, hoping it will be my Valentine *sigh* I should probably call Cupid

If you don't have a Valentine, I'm available (and desperate ;) ) BUT if you do, have a great day x

XO Nyx_