Complete

(Dayu's POV)

I lay on the bed and watch as Captain Wang light two candles and put them inside the paper lamps. The room glowed in soft light. He turned and smile at me.

Captain Wang. He is a general now, though. Serving directly under the order of the Emperor. But he will always be my Captain Wang.

I held out an arm and a hand to him. He came to me and slip in the bed beside me. He gatherd me close to his side, my head pillowed against his shoulder.

"I love you," he said as he played with the strands of my hair.

"I love you too," I close my eyes when his hold tightened. I savored the feeling of being in his strong arms again.

His arms that will always make me feel safe when they are holding me.

"Why did you get married?" I asked him in a quiet tone after moments had passed.

"I want children," he replied. "Remember our plans before? That we will adopt children? She fulfilled that dream for me. Our marriage was arranged by the Emperor who was her guardian."

I nodded. The Emperor arranged it, how can Captain Wang say no? He can't, so he married her.

Captain Wang sighed. "She was beautiful, there was no hardship in bedding her but we never loved each other. We became allies. Partners with mutual conditions and benefits in our marriage. She will give me children that I want and I will, in return, give her back her freedom and a comfortable life. That was the bargain,"

"After she became pregnant with the twins, I stopped visiting her bedchamber. She died in birthing complications after giving birth," Captain Wang finished in a sad note.

"I'm sorry," I know, he may not love her but she was still the mother of his children.

"I used to feel guilty about her before but I have consoled
myself now. I have my work, this place to build for you and the twins to occupy my time,"

I looked up, surprised, "You have twins?" That slipped my mind the first time he mentioned it.

He smiled and kissed my nose, "Yes, a boy and a girl."

"And the boy will be my student?"

"No, you will concentrate on my daughter,"

I was surprised again. His daughter. "Why her?"

"She is sickly," My heart ached when I heard that.

Captain Wang sighed while looking up at the ceiling, "My daughter is sickly, shy and lonely. My son, is very different from his sister, he is an arrogant bastard. I will start teaching him humiliation soon,"

I smiled, "So you will train him then. How old are they again?"

He smiled at me, "Six, their personalities are developing. I want my daughter to learn from the best. I want you to teach her to attack when needed, and to put her brother down once in a while,"

"Like I do with you," I teased him.

He smiled at me, melting with love in my eyes, "Yes, exactly like what you do to me,"

I lean up to kiss his lips, he kissed me back. Then I settle back to lie on his arm.

"That will fill my days. What about my nights?" I bit my lower lip. Anticipating his answer.