Warning

(Jiang's POV)

I found Qing in near the uniform unit's bunk. Under the bare cherry blossom trees. Why my friend is here? I have no idea but finding Qing just sitting there and looking lost gave a pinch in my heart.

"Qing," I called his name as I stopped in front of him. "Your father..."

"I want to die Jiang." Qing looked up with deadliness in his eyes. "Or force my mind to forget everything that happened today. Can we start this day all over again?" He asked in the same desperation as Mei after my lover saw his uncle died.

"Qing ah," I crouched in front of him. Qing closed his eyes and bit his lower lip.

I have never seen him like this. We have known each other for fifteen years now. We were playmates, study mates and comrades. I just entered military before him and Wei but the three of us are friends and I have never seen Qing this helpless.

"I killed his uncle. I called him a liar then I left him to escape the truth. This day...I want to start it again. But the gods won't grant my prayers

Qing wiped the angry tears on his eyes, "What should I do to bring back time? All I want is to go back to this morning. I will not let Dayu go and we will run away together. No need for clothes or to pack any other stuffs. We could just run away together..." he sniffed.

"Qing," He looked at me again. "We all want to turn back the time at one point in our lives. To undo a mistake, to redo the glory, to experience that feeling again. But we can't and we have to live on. We have to so we can see tomorrow, because maybe tomorrow will be a lot better than today."

"Anything could be better than today." He countered. At least he is not crying anymore.

I doubt it but I didn't voice that out, instead I said, "Beyond the forest is a clear field, filled with SiChuan army doubling our size. Governor Feng is ready to raze snd burn this place to get back at General Zong, his mortal enemy."

Qing's eyes widen.

(Qing's POV)

"Are you being serious?" I asked Jiang.

He nodded, "I have my sources. I even saw it myself that's why I just came back to hear the new Master General's, your father's, order. We are to attend the burial ceremony for General Zong,"

I scoffed at that. "No. They don't need me to bury that man.

Jiang nodded. "I don't want to attend too. You know my father's opinion on the man and I share my father's opinion. But you, will you really disobey your father like this?"

Jiang's father is a counselor to the Emperor who opposes the plan to spread the military force on the country. Jiang's father's main concern is the livelihood of the people of China and not war.

I nodded, "I won't know what I will do if I force myself to attend that burial." I said honestly.

Jiang sighed, "Then what should we do? About the invasion of Governor Feng's army tomorrow?"

I scrunched my forehead as I think. "Wei?"

"I will warn him. Governor Feng's army outnumbered us at least three to one. We will not win this war and frankly, I don't like fighting fellow soldiers from different province," Jiang said.

Me too. Plus I won't sacrifice the lives of the soldiers in this camp just for some silly pride of protecting this camp.

I am starting to hate this base. First, the way it was founded from the gold my father and General Zong acquired by raiding those border villages. Second, the way I learn how far my father's ambition will take him.