One Down

(Dayu's POV)

The three officials are General Zhi, Liuwie and Chein. I don't know why I bother getting their names but I guess I just want to put a name on the people I kill.

Stalking General Zhi is quite easy. A lot of helpers doesn't like the man and they are quite free to give out any of the man's characteristic and habit.

"He is a pig!" One disgruntled helper exclaimed. "His quarters are always dirty. Helpers around here will point at each other cause everyone doesn't like to enter that pigsty! And he smells, like he made it a habit not to wash daily. Unlike Captain Wang and Jiang. They look and smell good..."

I ignored that last part. I don't need to hear how my Captain smells and look good. I know it first hand, how good he smells or taste.

But back to my first target, General Zhi maybe slobby and lazy but he was rumored to be fast with swords.

Doesn't matter. I have no plan to engage a match with the man. I now know when I will kill him and where.

"This day? In his room?" Uncle Shu looked troubled with my decision. "Why?"

"Because tonight, all the guards are wary about what is going on outside after that attack on patrolling soldiers. They won't look and be on guard inside."

Mei and Uncle Shu turn at each other. "And you will do it alone?" Mei looked concerned as well. "General Zhi is a big man. At least a half foot taller than you with muscles on him. The man is a pig and a bull combined," my cousin's face showed he is also not warm on the man.

I shrugged. "I know how to put a bull on the ground. It should be done before this day ends. I will be stupid not to take advantage of the fact that Captain Wang will busy as his troops will patrol outside tonight, right?" I look at Mei.

Mei nodded, "Two troops will be on the prowl tonight. Captain Wang wants you to stay at his cabin..."

"I will be there when you come back from the patrol. No need to worry about that."

Mei nodded. Uncle Shu looked worried but there was nothing new there. Uncle will always worry but I will show him how well he trained his nephew.

I will make him proud and get closer to fulfilling our mission to avenge my parents.

They will pay my mother's suffering with their blood. And I will be the one to collect it.

I am confident that I will be in the Captain's cabin when he get back from patrolling. I am even confident that I will say goodbye to him before he goes to patrolling.

Why?

Because I don't plan to kill General Zhi during the night. General Zhi will die after the midday meal.

I am being nice. I am even letting the man have his last meal.

All servants knew the disgusting general's habit.

"After he took his meal, he will go to his quarter and sleep. Everyday, after every meal, he will go back to his pigsty to sleep. I don't know how he became a general in those habits..."

I know the answer to that question of course. It's all part of General Zong's deep dark secrets.

The plan was simple actually. Drug the man a little and kill him.

His size is his advantage. I will take that advantage away. I am an assasin. I don't play fair of course.

Uncle Shu will make sure that the man digest the drug. And when he is inside his quarter, I will slip in to do the job.