Aftermath

(Qing's POV)

The next day is "torture Captain Wang" day.

It seems like everyone gets wind of what happened at the helper's bunk last night.

Soldiers and officials look at me while I walk to seach for my soldiers. I can read mixed expressions on their faces.

Some shook their heads while thinking that I might have lost my mind already. Going into the one place where officials and soldiers are not allowed.

Some looked wary of me. Maybe because I am wearing my "don't cross me today because I will seriously hurt you" look on my face.

But what really gets to me are looks from people that says "what am I thinking bullying a poor helper". Or the looks that says "good for Dayu for leaving him because he is one grumpy Captain." Those who symphathize to Dayu when they don't really know the whole situation.

He is not the victim here! I am! I didn't bully him! He just took off and left me! Why is everyone thinking it's my fault!

And then there's people who laughed at me right in front of my face.

"You deserve those looks, you stupid orge." Jiang would laugh at my face while Mei stood silently at my side with a look on his face clearly saying that he agrees to Jiang's opinion.

"What bug entered your mind for you to barge in there and make a spectacle out of yourself? And after doing that, did you feel better?" Jiang kept on goading me.

I glare at him, "Back off or I will rearrange your disgustingly pretty face,"

Jiang just laugh more. The bastard is aware of his handsome structure but he is also aware that when it comes to fighting, we are in almost even footing.

What he was not aware is that with my current mood I can seriously hurt him.

"Stop it," Mei put himself between the two Captains. He can smell danger for his lover. He pushed Jiang aside and regard me, "That is over now Captain. What you need to do now is hold on to your temper and try not to do anything that will put you into more trouble. It's a good thing that Mr.Shu didn't complain to the higher ups about what you did,"

It is a serious offense for an official or a soldier to enter the helper's bunk to harass the helpers.

In this camp, helpers are considered fragile creatures. They are not trained to fight, if a soldier or an official harass them, it's a given that the helper will lose that fight against a trained opponent. That's why to protect them, a rule was made for the officials and soldiers to never bother the helpers especially in their bunk.

Last night's debacle is enough for the higher up to discipline me. I broke a serious law of the camp.

But Mr.Shu didn't complain and the helpers are not saying anything too. All are normal in their quarters. The helpers go on with their jobs.

In all honesty, it looks like I am the only one still harping on what happened last night. And also anyone who had an opinion on what I did, but they don't talk, they all say it with their eyes.

From the corner of my eye I saw Dayu approaching a group of soldier and giving them folded clothes. He smiled at them, nodding at someone who speaks and turn in our direction.

He looked up and saw the three of us watching him. The smile died from his lips. He nodded respectfully to us then turn to go the other way.

I was flabbergasted, "Did you saw that? That look on his face? Ahh, he is really really something else. He is unreal! And is he avoiding me now?!"

"Stop shouting!" Jiang shouted at me. Every soldiers within the five mile radius look at us. Mei just looked pained and ashamed to be seen with two impossible Captains.

Jiang put a hand behind my head and forced me to focus on me. "What is happening to you? Why are you losing your coolness? You are not like this! You are known for being emotionless! But now look at you, you are throwing tantrums around like a big baby. Are you serious? Get a grip of yourself Qing and start thinking!" He let me go with enough force for me to take a step back.

"Captain Jiang is right. Stay calm my Captain. You..."

"Hey!" Jiang shouted at Mei. "What's with the "my Captain"?! Why are you calling him like that?! I am your Captain! Not him!"

I groaned. So much for him telling me to keep my cool. I would never listen to this idiot ever again.

They started bickering with each other. They are tiring me. I look around and stopped when I saw what I am searching for. Dayu is with another helper this time, again smiling and talking while they carry buckets of water.

He smile and talk to everyone but me?! Now that is just cruel and unfair!

It goes on the whole morning. During lunch, I see Dayu serving the other soldiers with a smile and laughing at their stupid jokes. He will nod and respond when someone call his name. He will help them with water or give them extra utensils or food.

In short, he is pleasant to everyone but me and whoever is unlucky enough to sit with me.

My soldiers sighed when they see where my eyes are glued too.

"You should have just accepted that canteen and apple the other day," one soldier grumbled.

"And say thank you and smile," another one agreed.

"Captain,"

Mei knocked on the table to get my attention. I scowl on him, "What?!" I asked, snapping at him.

Mei just rolled his eyes, "Will the combat training still on? I reserved the practice ground for us,"

I look at him and at my soldiers who gave me various pitying look. I smooth any emotion from my face and squint my eyes on them.

They need the training. I need to vent all this angry energy inside me so I can be cool and emotionless again, live up to my reputation.

Good! They are my soldiers, might as well use them.

"Yes," I smiled at them and their eyes grew round in fear.

They knew me. They knew I will beat the hell out of them.