A Different Choice

(Qing's POV)

"I did? Got you?"

Dayu looked really surprised to know that he managed to land a slash or two of his sword on me.

I nodded, "I have a nick on my shoulder and another one on the side of my waist,"

Dayu smiled. Then giggle again. He looked happy. I frowned at him, "You like the idea of hurting me?"

He nodded, "You have no idea how scared I was while fighting you. A defense specialist. I don't meet a lot of your kind you know. Defense specialists are rare."

Yes. I know that. Especially when Master Gao died after teaching me most of what he knew in defense. Our type of fighters become more numbered when he passed away.

"I am an offense specialist," Dayu said. A bit proud. "I trained hard for twelve summers to be the best. Then I kept on practicing to get even better,"

"An offense specialist," his kind are more common. Fighters who prefer attacking than defending. Attacking requires aggression. Defending requires patience. And I think Dayu has a lot of aggression and anger inside him.

Because of what happened to his parents.

I came back to my original intention when I saw him a while ago. Seeing Dayu walking slowly  closer to the lake, I don't believe it at first.

Dayu. I have been thinking about him nonstop since our match. And now here he is, in my arms again.

"Let's run away Dayu. Forget about this revenge plan of yours and I will turn my back on my family,"

Dayu stared up at me. "Why? Why will you leave your family for me?!"

"Because I love you," I said passionately.

And it's the truth. I think I can live for awhile without my family, but living while being away from Dayu is slowly driving me insane.

Even now, I think him being with me here in this lake is a delusion of mine. That I yearned for him so much, I have conjured his image and his voice to look and talk to me.

I stared at his lovely face. I am relieved to know that I didn't hurt his face. Just thinking of marring his beauty is like a horse kick in my gut. I will never forgive myself.

I lean down to kiss him. He evaded my lips, "Why are you trying to kiss me?" he gave me a suspicious look.

I sighed, "I just want to be sure that you are real and not some crazy fantasy of mine."

"Huh?" he looked confuse.

"I dreamed of you one time while we are separated. I thought it was real so I asked you to run away with me. You said yes but then you disappeared again. Then I woke up and realized that it was all a dream,"

His eyes turn sad as he listens to me. He tiptoed. Lean up. And kiss me on the lips.

He is real. His warm lips pressed on mine like that first time we kissed in the armory.

I answered his sweet kisses with a more passionate one. Then we are kissing each other properly. Dayu sighed and snaked his arms on my head to held on to me. I held him securely in my arms.