Love will Reign

Thirty two years later...

Wang Dao look up to the clear blue sky to prevent the tears swimming in his eyes to fall. His twin sister on his side is smiling serenely at the fresh mound of dirt under the cherry blossom tree.

Moments ago, they finally laid their Father's remain on that grave. Beside it is the grave of their Baba, the great General Wang.

"They are together now," Wang Hua, my twin sister, said while she too tried to fight her tears.

We are both failing miserably.

How appalled their parents might be now, watching the both of them, their children and treasures crying in front of their graves.

But it felt unfair. Their Father, Dayu, dying just six months after their Baba's death.

But on the other hand, it seems a miracle to think that their Father held on for six months of loneliness, living apart from the only lover he had in his entire life.

Our Baba died of sickness. Something he acquired after his last travel with the old Emperor. The old Emperor died from the same affliction.

Father, Dayu, died of a broken heart. Physically he was fine, the doctors said, but his heart suddenly gave out.

A broken heart. Because Baba had died, my Father's heart got broken and he never recovered. His last words to me were...

"Dao ah...I think I finally understood my mother for wanting to follow my father. I want to be together with my Captain too. You will not be mad at me, right?"

It hurts like a million prick of needles to my body, hearing him wanting to die. But I nodded and he closed his eyes to sleep. He didn't woke up again. His heart had given up.

Wang Dao kneeled and put both of his hands on the two graves, one freshly dug, the other with grass grown on it.

Even in their death, their parents followed each other. Not apart for too long. Just like when they were alive.

Wang Dao grew up knowing his parents were unconventional. Two men. The wisest and strongest men he had ever known, loving each other.

His Baba and Father never hid it from him and his sister, how much they love each other. In public, they were General Wang, a defense general favored by the Emperor, and Master Jian Yu, General Wang's main council and war strategist. But in private, to Wang Dao and Wang Hua, they were Baba and Father.

Their parents trained them. Baba concentrating on Wang Dao, teaching him that being still is not a bad thing. Defense is the best offense, that humility is a virtue.

Father, on the other hand, taught Wang Hua to never back down from her more loud and show off twin brother. Father gave every knowledge he knew to his daughter, including a way to get over her sickliness.

Wang Dao can still remember, how their lives changes when they finally met their Father. Before Father came, Baba was always busy on his work as a defense general and building a home for them.

In his young mind, Wang Dao thought that their Baba does not love him and his sister. But when he brought Father home, everything changed. They became a family. Suddenly, with Father around, they eat with at least one parent every meal. And they started their training.

Wang Dao never questioned it. The love his parents had for each other. Even when he grew up and finally learned that his parent's relationship is not the society's norm.