Broken

(Mei's POV)

After I stuck the poisoned dart into General Liuwie's side, I pulled it back out and stick it into his exposed nape so everyone will think that the dart shower caught him.

The black figures attacked us again. Running at us with their swords in hand. I let go of General Liuwie, not bothering with him anymore. He is dead.

I ran to fight a spy of Governor Feng. Grabbing a fighter and pulling him closer to me. As everyone around us are busy fighting, I whispered angrily in the spy ear.

"Find Dayu! Quickly! Captain Wang is still not back which means he is still chasing my cousin. Quickly!"

I let the fighter punch me and push me away. Then from his clothes he took out a bamboo whistle and blew at it. The shrill sound filled the air. The black figures stopped fighting and started retreating. Then they ran to the direction where Dayu and Captain Wang went.

"Mei!" Captain Jiang came to me. "Are you hurt?" he started feeling my body for injury.

"No!" I pushed his hands away from me. It will not be good if he discover the note and the bamboo stick that served as the case for the poisoned dart. "We have to follow Captain Wang!" I shouted at him instead.

Our troops agreed. Clearly concern for our Captain. I was about to gather them when Jiang stopped me by holding my arm tight. His face got close to me. "Is it Dayu?" he whispered to my ear.

I pushed him away again. Gave him a warning look then I shouted. "Gather up! We will follow our Captain!" I called for my soldiers and we gather and ran together following the direction where the black figured went.

I have to get to Dayu fast. Save him if he is in danger. Dayu must stay alive.

Dayu should never be alone.

(Dayu's POV)

I willed my body to get up. My mind is telling me that my body had enough. But I still have to face Captain Wang and try to escape from him.

He is standing still but the Captain's breathing is labored too. He is reaching his limit too. His mind dulled by opium. Him defending fiercely. He is bound to get tired too.

I saw the cloth I use to hide my head. I swiped it from the floor as I slowly, laboriously stand on my feet.

My whole body is protesting with every movement I made. I feel my legs starting to shake from tiredness. So this is what it feels like to fight a defense specialist.

It's damn hard!

I can die here. I have to survive.

One last push. Just one more push and maybe I can finally put him down enough for me to run.

I stretched the black cloth between my two hands. He saw that and braced himself for an attack.

I drew a deep breath and ran to him. Using the black cloth, I tried restraining his hands. Twisting, turning, punching, swiping my fists at him. He blocked every attack, managing to caught my hands once or twice but I managed to shake his hold.

I twist the cloth in one of his wrist, he took hold of it and pulled me to him. His one arm gathering me close, like a hug but this time he is squeezing my waist tightly, painfully and it feels like he is squeezing the air out of my body.

His strength is still staggering even with his mind having difficulty to focus.

So I reach up and did the first thing that I thought to distract him. I kissed him. Hard.