Arrival

(Dayu's POV)

After Captain Wang left his cabin, I just waited for a few moments before I too left.

I walked hurriedly to get to my Uncle. I can't run, that would invite attention to me so I walk hurriedly like how other helpers do. Everyone is busy and hurried with the sudden arrival of the Master General.

I am busy sorting out my mind. The generals came home earlier than I expected. I will not know if this will be an advantage or disadvantage for me until I talked to my cousin and uncle.

I went straight to Uncle Shu's private quarter, look left and right to see if someone will notice me, then I quietly slip inside.

My uncle and cousin are still not there but I didn't have to wait long. The door opened and in came Uncle Shu with Mei following him.

"Good, you are here," Uncle Shu said as he stood in front of me. "They arrived two days earlier than what we expected..."

"I am ready," I said.

"No you are not. I want you and Mei to leave the base immediately,"

"No Uncle!" Mei and I protested at the same time. I looked at him. Mei looked scared and frustrated at the same time. "We will not leave you here alone Uncle," Mei said in a steely tone.

Wait! What?! Who is going to be left alone now?! I stared at Uncle Shu who gave me the same intense stare.

"I want you and Mei to leave. Go back to SiChuan and I will finish the job here,"

"How?" I asked him, my hands tightly fisted. "How will you finish the job? We have been planning this for so long. Practicing...

"Have you been practicing?" Uncle snapped at me. "When did you made the time when you are busy with Captain Wang?"

I paled. I look at him and Mei who shook his head at me. I reeled back.

So they both knew. The affair I am having with the Captain. But that doesn't matter now. What matters is...

"I will have my revenge!" I pound my palms on the table. Glaring at my Uncle who gave me the same intense stare. "Those generals will die in my hands. The same with three other officials...

My uncle and cousin frowned at me, "Three other officials? You mean the official from Nanjing?" Mei asked.

"No," I shook my head. I took a deep breath and release it. "Last night, I dreamt of that raid. I remembered something that I forgotten because I focused myself too much on the two generals. After..." I swallowed the lump that formed on my throat as I think of my mother, "After General Wang, three other soldiers came into our home to defile my mother too,"

Uncle Wang swayed on his feet. He clutched the table while Mei close his eyes in despair, "And you witnessed it too?"

I nodded. We all turn quiet. "I need to find those soldiers and kill them as well. But the generals are here so we need to concentrate on them..."

"That information," Uncle Shu interrupted me. "Did you managed to extract it from your lover,"

I felt shame rose inside me as I shook my head. These last few days with the Captain, revenge was the last thing in my mind. Getting that information never even cross it.

Uncle and Mei nodded like they already expect that from me. I feel like I failed them somehow. And I am also failing our plan for revenge.

"The plan can still commence. I will kill the generals, you two will serve as my back up and cover. I am the best assasin around. I am still "The Shadow","