Decided

(Dayu's POV)

Captain Wang and I spent those dark hours together. He sat against a tree while holding me as I lay most of my body on him.

He made plans, I listened to them. Agreeing and disagreeing. We talk of the future and not of the past. Not even our current situation.

Just the future. A future with us being together.

"Do you want children?" I asked him.

He hesitated, then nodded. "I do. I always see my future with a family of my own,"

Me too. I want a family with children in it. "But if you are with me. You will not have any children. I can't get pregnant," I said as I feel a bit let down for him and for me.

Captain Wang sighed, "I thought of that. I think I am consoling myself and thinking of a life without children. Or...maybe I can persuade you to let me spent a night with a woman to get a child. Just to get a child. I...am not sure," the Captain's voice waned as he spoke of that plan.

"Can you spent a night with a woman to get a child?" I asked him cautiously.

I think this is a topic we have to tread carefully and give a lot of time to think about. Him wanting children would mean that he needs a woman to get pregnant and give birth to them.

"I am not sure too. I love you and your body. I desire you. But I have slept with some women before. If the desire to have children will be too great then I will ask if you will agree with that method," he said.

I smile and thank him for considering me in his every decision.

"Or we can adopt," he smiled brightly when that idea came. "A child doesn't have to have my blood for me to call them mine,"

I nodded. Happy that he will consider adopting than sharing some woman's bed to gain children.

Captain Wang held me tighter, "But we don't have to worry about that yet. I want to travel the lands with you, with just us, before we find some place to settle and raise a family. I will buy a big piece of land. Build a big home for you, post fences around it so no one can disturb our lives."

I close my eyes as I listen to him build our home in our minds.

"Maybe build a pond inside..."

"A man made lake," I corrected him dreamily. He laughed, "Yes a man made lake. And plant cherry blossom trees,"

It's my turn to laugh, "And some lemon tree too."

"Yes," he was glad that I am contributing. "I will buy a big bed in our bedroom. With wide windows so lights will flood inside in the morning and you can watch the stars from there at night,"

I nodded as I close my eyes and sleep in his arm.

(Qing's POV)

As Dayu sleep, I stay awake to guard him.

He is the most important piece of my life right now. Being with him, I can feel the peace settling in my heart. Holding him, seeing him sleep safely in my arms, Dayu is giving me the feeling of peace knowing that he is close and he is mine.

Without him I always worry. I always imagine scenarios where he will get hurt or worse, that I lose him forever.

Him agreeing to abandon his revenge is a big sacrifice on his part. I know that. I think he made the promise to his parents that he will avenge their unfair deaths.

But he chose me. And for that I will choose him too. Above everything and anyone. Dayu will always be my first choice. His happines will come first for me.

My heart do ache with the thought of not seeing my family of course. I know I am being selfish in that regard but I want to be selfish for now.

I need Dayu. I need to be with him. And if sacrificing my relationship to my family will get me that, then I will be willing and ready to do that sacrifice.

I have to keep Dayu safe. He is my heart. This revenge business can hurt him too. That should never happen. I already hurt Dayu, I can feel the bandage tightly wrapped in his chest. Meaning I must have hurt his upper body when I threw him.

I want to hit myself.

But he is with me now. And I will do everything I can to prevent him from getting hurt ever again.

My eyes left Dayu's face when I heard some rustling. For a moment I was afraid that someone, a soldier, spotted us.

But a doe and her fawn suddenly appeared from a shrub nearby.

I sighed in relief and laugh silently at myself. I am becoming a paranoid like General Liuwie.

I secure Dayu in my hold, lean my head on the tree behind me and close my eyes to sleep.

(Uncle Shu's POV)

"Where are they?" I asked Luau after he told me who is with my errant nephew.

"They are at the lake inside the forest Master Shu. The same lake where I saw them the first time I reported them to you,"

I nodded. I knew it. Dayu will eventually seek his lover. In the end, my nephew loves Captain Wang and he will crave to be with him.

"And Dayu is asleep when you saw them?"

"Yes," Luau answered. "He fell asleep even if it's still dark. Unlike yesterday when he rest closer to noon time,"

I sighed in relief. Dayu developing a habit of having restless nights are not good for him and his attempt to heal.

I frowned at Luau, "Some guard you are. Sleeping on the job and letting your ward left,"

"But it turns well in the end," my trainee grumbled.

I secretly smile at the boy. Luau is only twenty summers old. He has been training under me and Mei's care for three years now. He is a good boy, more obedient than my two nephews that's for sure.

I will give him two more summers and I know he will be a trouble for me too.

I told him to get out before I throw all the things in my office at him.

When Luau left I smiled fully. If Dayu is with the Captain and they are not throwing daggers and swords at each other but instead resting then that means that their feelings for each other is still strong. There will be a big chance that Captain Wang can still take Dayu away from here. And for Dayu to agree to leave this place with his Captain.

The Captain's papers for transfer is ready. I think he is also packed and ready to go. That is a good thing.

And if Dayu ask me or tell me that he wanted to go then I will readily give my blessings for him to get away with his lover.

Then Mei can follow too. I will persuade the boy to follow his cousin. Maybe push Jiang to take Mei away too.

Anything to get my nephews away from this place. I think I can persuade my friend to agree with me on that score.

The Governor of SiChuan is my childhood friend, mine and my brother's. He is actually Dayu's godfather. He reluctantly agreed to training the boys for revenge but in the end he agreed to raise them as strong men that can survive and defend themselves.

His plan is to takeover the military base. And untimately humiliate his enemy, General Zong. Using me and Dayu to kill the two generals, he will take over the base and present evidences of how corrupt General Zong is.

But Dayu will have to step out of this mission. I will do the killings for him.