Demand

(Qing's POV)

The first thing Jiang and I did is find Wei. After giving him the news of an imminent attack from Governor Feng's army, we endured his shock first.

"Three to one? Maybe we can..."

"Will you sacrifice your soldiers for that odds?" I asked him. "Remember, these are soldiers too. Trained like us. Are you willing to fight them with a three to one odd?"

Wei frustratingly close his eyes and shout heavenward.

"Is your lover behind this would be attack?" He glared at me, clearly annoyed.

"The probability is there..."

"Wang Qing!" Wei shouted at me. "Of all people, an assasin? Really?"

"Its already done! What do you want me to do?!" I shouted back at him.

Jiang groaned as if in pain while watching Wei and I go at it like two small kids.

"Shut up! The both of you," As the oldest among us gave the order. He turned to Wei, "Listen carefully, Qing and I don't want to risk it. Can we win, maybe, the chance will always be there but it will need plans, lots of planning to win against an army more superior in number than us. Frankly, I don't give a damn about this base. Qing feels the same way. People's lives matter more. Soldiers lives matter more. So, we are asking you, what do you want to do?"

Wei look back and forth at me and Jiang. Then he sighed. "My soldiers, can I all take them as I transfer to another base?"

Jiang and I sighed in relief. We understood Wei of course. As captains, our first concern will always be our troops under our command.

"I will personally talk to my father," I said to him.

Wei nodded, "Then I will gather my troops to help with the evacuation of the helpers."

Three troops. That will be enough to evacuate the hundreds of helpers in this base to take them to safety.

We were about to agree with Wei's plan when the bell on the main gate sounded.

The three of us look at each other.

"No way," Wei said wonderingly. "Is the attack happening now?" He asked the two of us.

Jiang shook his head. "That is not the plan. Unless Dayu..." he said and before Wei and I can react to that bizzarre statement, Jiang started running to the direction of the main gate.

Wei and I ran after him. When we got up on the port of the main gate, other captains and soldiers are already there to see what is happening down outisde on the main gate.

My eyes widened in surprise when I saw a lone figure standing outside in front of the gate.

Dayu.

His long black hairs are tied neatly at the back of his head. He is wearing an all black robe. The color of deep mourning.

I winced as I remember why he is in mourning.

"Your lover have some serious guts, Qing." Wei whispered beside me.

Yes. Dayu had always been brave and bold. And I know now where he got it from. His mother...

"I have a message for the new Master General," he said in a carrying tone.

A coronel came in the front.