Confirmation

(Qing's POV)

Another dead body. Another dead general.

This one was discovered outside of the camp. Almost into the entrance of the forest. Inside a bloodied sack.

He was beaten to death.

"Like tenderized meat," Jiang uttered in shock besides me. I gave him an amazed look. "What?" he had the nerve to ask me.

"How will we eat meat now?!" I snapped at him.

"Just fine!" Jiang snapped back. "They serve us slab of meat inside the camp, without the tenderation process."

I shook my head at him and look back at our dead general. He might be almost pulverized but his uniform confirmed who he was.

General Chein of the elite guard of the Master General.

Another one guard of General Zong turn up dead.

I am not liking this.

"What are you thinking?" Jiang asked me as we watch soldiers pick up the sack with the dead general and put in on a cart to be buried.

"Whoever did this was really angry," I said as we started walking back into the camp.

"Yes," Jiang agreed. "I thought that too. Too much force was used. But to strip the general and cut his penis to shove it in his mouth, the person who did this is not just angry..."

That person had a deep hatred to the generals he is killing.

Like he is taking revenge. Killing and still humiliating them with the way he stripped them and cut their manhood.

Someone had it really bad for these generals.

"You think this is your assasin's doing?" Jiang asked.

I nodded, "The brutality of the kills are the same. He strangled one and he beaten the other to death. He had already poisoned, hanged, burned and drain someone's blood. This killer is verse in all kinds of techniques,"

"And smart," Jiang added.

I agreed gravely, "You are right. It's like he is two step ahead of all of us. He keeps us guessing. Keep us in the dark,"

"And it is frustrating you," my friend pat my shoulder. "Don't beat yourself Qing, you are not to be blamed for the death of those generals."

But I feel like blaming myself. Killing two generals with close interval means the killer is just around us. Around this camp yet I haven't been able to find out who he is. Like his name, "The Shadow" kept on hiding in the dark and eluding me.

I feel frustrated and a little scared. A killer was just around and Dayu is inside he camp. What if...

No! I shook my head. Dayu must stay safe. I will make sure that no harm will come to the man I love.

Jiang gave the orders for the soldier to bury General Chein while he volunteered to report the incident.

I stopped him. "I will do the reporting to the Master General," I said.

I had an idea. Questions to confirm my hunch. I had to know the truth so I will know how to move forward with this case.

"Are you sure?" Jiang looked anxious.

I nodded, "Let me do this. I want to talk to my father anyway."

Jiang agreed and gave way to me. I thanked him and walk to the building holding my father and the Master General's office.