Unexpected Meeting

(Dayu's POV)

The problem is General Liuwie's paranoid behavior.

The General had been careful to never be alone. He is the one who always stick to his two masters. General Zong and General Wang. Snatching him up will be impossible.

Killing him in his quarter is also impossible because the man has no quarter. He sleeps in the room connected to the Master General's office. General Zong's office has the tightest security in the base.

Clever bastard.

But he had to die so I can move on to his two masters. Once I kill all three of them, I can finally go with Captain Wang to Beijing and start a new life there.

Why are these people keep on blocking my path to happiness? It is irritating me.

I reluctantly made a decision. "I have to snipe him with poison darts," I said to Uncle Shu. "Do it from a distance..."

"That's a solid plan but..."

"I can't humiliate him like what I did to the first two. I have to be satisfied with the fact that I killed him and nothing else..." I finished while grinding my teeth is supressed anger.

It's grating at me. It's like an insult to me that General Liuwie will escape the fate of his two comrades. But there's no way around it. I can't see a plan that will put him in my hands so I can spend time killing him and stripping away his dignity.

I have to execute my plan if I want to join Captain Wang in his transfer to Beijing.

If I refuse to come with him or ask for more time to be in the base and will just follow him, Captain Wang will turn suspicious. Or at the very least he will start asking questions that will force me to lie to him more.

I am starting to hate lying to him.

I really have to finish this revenge business soon.

"But don't be hasty," Uncle Shu reminded me. "Plan carefully and well Dayu. I know you want to finish this so we can all have peace including your parents but you have to be cautious at all your moves. Being careless can kill you,

I nodded and agree with him. If this is a race I am at the point where I can finally see the finish line. I just have to pass three more opponents and I can finally claim my prize.

A peaceful life with the man I love.

After leaving Uncle Shu's office, my mind was full of ideas and plans that I walk without looking at the road or the people around me.

That's why I can say that it is my fault when I bump on a warm wall and not notice it or tried to avoid colliding with it.

I look up and gasped when I saw Captain Wang looking worriedly down at me. Then my lips form a warm smile.

"Captain..."

"Dayu I..."

We were staring at each other's eyes when someone close by cleared their throat and broke the spell between us.

I flinched and look around us. My eyes widen when I saw the people standing beside Captain Wang.

Captain Jiang gave me a pained look. Like he can't believe I bump into Captain Wang like I am an idiot.

Officials, some higher ups, others are captains too. But my eyes were riveted to the two figures stranding tall a few feet in front of me.

General Zong and General Wang.

The people I wanted to kill so bad I started thinking I can risk killing them now if not for the fact that Captain Wang was there.

My eyes locked with General Wang. My captain's father. The man I sworn to kill.

He looks a little bit like Captain Wang. The shape of their noses are the same and with same angular face and thin lips. But their eyes are not the same as well as their built. Captain Wang had broad shoulders and chest, his father is on the leaner side.

My eyes focused on the scar on his left temple. I know what and who made that scar on his face.

A woman, holding a snapped wood who fought and slashed the man above her.

I look down and bowed down before my memories and emotions betray me. "Good morning Sirs!" I said smartly while secretly gritting my teeth.

I have to bow down to them now? My anger rose in my chest. To my father's killer and my mother's abuser? I have to bow down to them.

All for the sake of keeping my true identity.

"Dayu," Captain Wang held my elbow and guide me to stand straight again. I let a flush flood my face, making me look shy in their eyes.

"I'm sorry I bumped you. I am not looking..." I offer an apology to Captain Wang.

He shook his head, "That was nothing. Let me introduce you to my..."

"Wang Qing," his father's authoritative tone makes him stop. "Let's go," General Wang urged the other to keep walking.

I flushed more. In added anger. So he intended to embarass me too. Well he can try his best.

The only way I will feel embarass is if I will fail to kill him and General Zong. But I school my expression. Leaving my eyes and stance shy and a bit fearful.

I need an applause for the acting I am doing in front of them.

"Father..." Captain Wang gave me an apologetic stare. I shyly smiled and shook my head a little to tell him that I don't think he needs to apologize.

"He is General Wang, Captain Wang." General Zong entered the conversation. "You should really start addressing your superiors properly," he reminded while smirking mockingly at my captain.

I wanted to slash his neck and watch him bleed out on the ground.

Captain Wang ignored him to the shock of some officials there. He kept his gaze to his father, "Father this is..." he gestured at me but his father just turn his back and walk away.

I saw hurt entered Captain Wang's eyes. I put a hand on his raised arm. He looks at me and I smiled and nodded at him, "No need to put your father and yourself in an awkward situation just for me," I told him in a calm tone.

I gave him an encouraging smile and he smiled back and nodded. General Zong sneered at us then follow in General Wang's direction. The rest followed him.

Captain Wang and Jiang are the last ones to leave my side. I nodded at them and watch them follow their superiors. I look around to see soldiers who witnessed that little play between me and my lover's father.

Great. Just wonderful.

I look down and avoid looking at the spectators. I don't want them to see the flashes of hatred on my eyes as I plan to make the two generals pay for humiliating me. And more so for humiliating my lover.

How dare them do that to Captain Wang?!