Play and Change of Heart

(Dayu's POV)

Six days before the arrivals of the generals...

I smiled as I saw his tall figure in the middle of the cherry blossoms grove. He had no lamp with him but the light from the almost full moon is enough light to see him clearly in the night.

I hurried to be by his side. This lover of mine who waits for me
in the moonlight.

"Captain," I stood in front of him and raise my face expectedly.

I will not be disappointed as after smiling at me and sighing my name, Captain Wang lean down to kiss my lips.

As always, when our lips touched, the whole world around us vanished. All my thoughts and feelings focused on him. His lips moving against mine. His tongue invading my mouth, coaxing mine to play and his teeth nibbling and biting me gently.

We smiled at each other after that kiss. Our eyes glued to each other.

"What should we do today?" I asked, highly anticipating his answer.

He produced a strip of cotton cloth. "Let's play," he replied while still smiling.

"Play?" My smile vanished. Play are for kids. Why should we play when we are not kids anymore?

He nodded, "I just remembered what you said that you were living with monks since you are a kid. Working odd jobs to survive. So I thought that maybe you have never played before..."

Yes, not because I was working to survive but because I was training to survive. I played. With Mei, using knives and daggers we threw at each other and ducking and avoiding the blades to survive.

But this...I don't think we had the same definition of play in mind. I stared at the strip of cloth in his hands. If I am right, we will use that cloth as blindfolds.

The only times I blinfolded my eyes were the times I had to throw a dagger or shot an arrow on a target at a certain distance. I am also blinfolded when I fought hand to hand. Without my eyes, all my other senses heightened, essential to survive.

Back to now, Captain Wang smiled at me as he dangled the cloth in front of my face. "The rule of the game is simple, the blindfolded one will seek the other one who will hide, just here on the cherry blossoms grove. Would you like to be blindfolded first?"

I shook my head. With my training I will find him immediately and it will be a dead give away.

"Fine, I will be the first one to seek. You hide but just in this vicinity, okay?"

I smiled. Suddenly feeling giddy. I nodded and helped him to bind his eyes. I shook my hand in front of him and he smirked.

"Stop waving your hand in front of me, someone might see and they will think you are stupid,"

"Ah! You can see! How did you know I am waving my hand?!" I accused him of cheating.

He took off the blindfold and made me try. "Can you see anything?" Captain Wang asked after binding my eyes.

I shook my head. He took off the blindfolds from me and we tied it again to his eyes, "I have training that's why. So you better hide properly or else it will held no challenge for me,"

Arrogant bastard. I will show him.

He went to a tree and lean his head on it. "I will count to ten, you hide while I am counting," he said and started counting from one.

QingYu: A Wuxia Tale (Going Through Reediting)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara