Chapter 57

Spencer crawled onto the bed and kissed me hard before sitting down and pulling me into his arms.

"What's on your mind?"

I bit my lip and took in his ridiculously handsome face. His eyes were full of love and joy when he looked at me, and coming from this intimidating looking guy, it made him just that much more attractive.

"Well, I've kind of been thinking about a name for him.."

"Really?" His smile was playful and patient, we continued to go over the names Jace and I had listed, and still couldn't narrow them down, Spencer thought it was hilarious in the other hand. "And what have you been thinking?"

I took a deep breath and sat up, "Before I tell you, you have to promise you'll tell me if it bothers you okay?" I thought back to that day in his mom's kitchen in Miami after Christmas, and how he'd looked in Jace's kitchen that day I told him I was having a boy.

His smile fell, "I promise baby. Now tell me."

"Well," My body was shaking, and I couldn't believe how nervous I was about telling him this! He'd already told me he wanted a son to name after his dad, and I knew he thought of gummy bear as his own, but I didn't know if the baby not ACTUALLY being his would make any difference to Spencer. "I was thinking we could name him Luca Jace Adams."

Spencer's next intake of breath was audible, his mouth opening slightly. His brown eyes searched mine for what seemed like an eternity before he smiled and brought his mouth to mine, "Thank you Mackenzie." He whispered against my lips and continued to kiss me fiercely, "I love you, thank you so much."

"I take it you like the name then?" I asked a little breathlessly when he lips moved to my neck.

"I love it, it's perfect for him... for us." He cupped one side of my face and kissed the tip of my nose, "I understand why you would think it would bother or offend me, but I promise I've never been happier than this weekend. I'm so lucky to have you Mac."

"I'm the lucky one," I whispered.

The doorbell rang, and he jumped off the bed to put a shirt on.

"That should be one of our families. Can we tell them the name tonight too?" He asked pulling me toward the entryway.

"Tonight would be perfect!" I kissed his cheek and answered the door.

I turned the knob to open the door and once I did, a women who I never met in her somewhat forties was standing there.

"Uh, hi can I help you?" I asked politely.

"Hi, I'm looking for Mackenzie."

"Uh, I'm her. Why?"

"Hi, I'm your mother."

My mind instantly went blank and without even thinking, I shut the front door on her face. Spencer and I stared at each other for a few minutes, trying to allow what just happened to sink in. I tried to keep my breathing normal, but they seem to be coming out quickly. Who the hell is that women? There was no way she could be my mother, my mother is dead.

Spencer led me to the living room and placed me on the couch, before leaving my side to speak to the women who claims to be my mother.

Spencer's Point Of View:

I walked towards the front door, and opened it. The woman who just announced herself as Mackenzie's mom, stood there, at the same spot she was standing on even before Mackenzie slammed the door on her.

I didn't want to come out rude so I held my hand out and introduced myself.

"Hi I'm Spencer, I apologize for how my wi- my fiancé acted earlier. She was just shock from your sudden burst of news."