Chapter 17

Hey guys! Sorry if I didn't update over the weekend, I wasn't feeling good so I couldn't write.

But I hope you like this chapter and let me know what you think about it. Love you all

When I saw Spencer staring at Mason, he didn't look happy. I could imagine why. Me taking off and hugging a random guy while in a bikini would be a little odd and alarming. I stepped back next to Spencer grabbing his hand and smiling between them.

"Spence, this is my best friend Mason Kidd. Mace, this is my boyfriend Spencer Adams."

They shook hands but didn't say anything. Talk about awkward. Since none of them said anything, I spoke up

"Um, why don't I introduce you to the rest of the guys?" I pulled Spencer and Mason towards our friends while Mason introduced me to his friends he was with. I introduced Mason and his friends to everyone and everyone was polite except for Jace who just stood there and glared at Mason. But he wasn't the only one staring, Spencer was standing right next to Jace with the exact expression. I was surprised Mason didn't seem scared. Those two looked scary with their rugged looks, and their tall tattooed and muscled bodies. In the other hand, Carly looked between Mason and I with an amused expression. I knew exactly what she was thinking. Trying to make conversation I decided to ask Mason again, "So how long are you staying here?"

"As long as I want, I guess." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Mason!" I gasped, "Did you leave the team?! I swear to god if yo-" he laughed and held up his hand to shut me up.

"Mac, calm down will you... I didn't leave the team, I was actually thinking of transferring here after I graduate. I figured since you moved here, I could play for a college football team here."

"Wait, you're transferring here because of me?"

"Yea."

"Did Coach tell you to do that?"

"No. I just couldn't live without you."

"Oh shit," Carly muttered.

I could see Spencer's body tense him when he sat up straighter and continued glaring at Mason. I have a feeling this could go bad. I was about to say something until Mason spoke up again.

"Um... I meant, I couldn't just let my best friend go across the country alone right?"

I smiled at Mason and saw Spencer relax.

"I'm sorry, what was your name again? Sebastian?"

I glared at Mason. Right when I thought the tension was over, he just had to make that comment?

Spencer stood up and sat right next to me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and I could feel it tense up.

"It's Spencer."

"Right. And how did you meet MY girl?"

"Through school." He said trying to calm his breathing. I intertwined our fingers together, hoping that would ease up his tense a bit.

I kicked Mason's leg, mouthing him to be nice.

He smiled before glancing back at Spencer again "So Spencer, what do you do for a living?" Spencer pulled me closer into his body and I watched as the muscles in his forearm strained against the skin. When Spencer didn't respond, Mason did.

"Being manager at McDonald's is something you shouldn't be ashamed of." My mouth dropped and I gave Mason a mean glare. Why the hell is he being a jerk?

"Just so you know, I fight. And I'm pretty damn good at it." Spencer said through clenched teeth. I noticed that everyone stopped talking and was now staring at Spencer and Mason.