Chapter 50

Kendall was standing next to mom, who after looking at her body covered in tattoos, she put it together and stepped away.

"We need to talk Mackenzie." She choked back a sob. Spencer and Cory moved so they were standing in between us.

"I'm not sure that's the best idea and this definitely isn't the time and place." Cory warned calmly. She peered around Spencer, her eyes pleading.

"I HAVE to talk to you, you don't understand." Kendall burst into tears and took a step toward me. "You need to know the truth." Pushing through the guys, I waited for her to say whatever it was she felt was so important she would confront us here. After a few moments of Kendall trying to contain her tears, she finally spoke.

"He didn't cheat on you." She softly says "He loved you, all he ever did was talk about you. To be honest, I got jealous I thought you had gotten pregnant on purpose just so he could stay with you." She looked nervously between Jace's family and myself. "That night at the party, I uh- I drugged him." My face fell. What? "Those pictures I sent you from his phone, they weren't real. He was completely passed out when I took them." She cried into her hand, her body was now trembling. "I am so sorry. You will never know how sorry I am."

Before I know it, my palm connected with her face so hard, the sound bounced back to us from the walls of the church.

"None of this would have ever happened if it weren't for you!" I screeched and brought my hand back again, but before it could reconnect, Spencer caught it and held both arms down my sides. "He's DEAD because of YOU!" I began sobbing and crumbled in Spencer's chest.

"You need to leave. NOW." Cory growled at her from my side.

I shouldn't have slapped her. I shouldn't have yelled at her, but I couldn't stop myself. Because of this woman, Katherine, And James lost a son, Carly lost her brother, and my baby would never have the chance to meet his daddy. Because of her stupid actions, Jace's last conversation with me consisted of me telling him I didn't trust him, breaking up with him, and not telling him that I loved him. Because of Kendall, my heart is shattered and Jace's stopped. I would never forgive that woman for taking him away from us.

People came by the house for a couple of hours after the funeral, continuing with their condolences, bringing meals and sitting around the living room telling stories of Jace. Once everyone left, Mom, Dad, Cory, Carly and I held each other, and said I love you over and over, and cried. Everyone split apart to take naps. I headed to Jace's room and buried myself in his bed. I was aware of the time passing, the room changing from light to dark, Mom brining food and sitting there with me until I finished it all. Carly would come in every few hours to lay next to me and cry. I didn't leave the bed for quite some time. I didn't have a reason to. I just needed to be surrounded by his things.

Spencer sat down on the bed, I didn't know when it was, all I knew was there was light coming through the windows, so it must've been day time.

"Hey sweetheart." He whispered and let his fingertips trail down my back. I tried to ask why he was here, but I felt like I hadn't used my voice in who knows how long, that it would come out hoarse and low.

"You need to get yourself out of bed Mackenzie. You need to take a shower, you need to get out and get some fresh air. Get your life back on track."

Shaking my head, I roughly whispered "I can't."

"You need to. Jace wouldn't want this. He would want you to take care of your baby." I opened my mouth and I swear it was like he could read my mind. "Eating and taking your vitamins isn't enough. The funeral was four days ago Mackenzie, you need to get out this bed, and out of this house."